ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sh*t Renault jacks

Clio 182 RB
Decided to Jack my car up today,and wash inside my wheel to get all the brake dust off.....borrow the trolley jack to a friend...so got the renault Sh*t on form the boot,but it in the hole and got the wheel in the air and the jack slipped out the hole:mad: scratched my skirts quite bad !! Sh*t Renault Jacks!! lucky i didnt have to wheel off!

E92 M3
Decided to Jack my car up today,and wash inside my wheel to get all the brake dust off.....borrow the trolley jack to a friend...so got the renault Sh*t on form the boot,but it in the hole and got the wheel in the air and the jack slipped out the hole:mad: scratched my skirts quite bad !! Sh*t Renault Jacks!! lucky i didnt have to wheel off!

very luky

M2 Competition
Awful jack! Pre-owning a trolley jack the plastic that the windy handle fits into snapped on mine... with the car up in the air :S

Had to get a neighbours jack to free it and lower the car!

They arent that bad: flat surface, slow winding and its up in the air. A trolley jack with wood underneath doesnt sound good at all.

A trolley jack with wood underneath doesnt sound safe, there isnt anything to hold onto if it slips. The cut outs on the edge of the jacking plate are so that if it slips it isnt going anywhere (or too far):
NSIjack.jpg

If you dont want to damage the sill jack under the chassis.

I drive the car on to the wood so i can get the jack under the sill. If I don't raise the car a bit, I can't jack it up.
Misinterpretation fail haha,

I thought you meant you put the wood between car + trolley jack.

Logical using wood if its too low.:eek:

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
You have to be careful where you put the jack on the sill. There are reinforced sections at either end for jacking the car. its better to get a trolley jack on the chassis somewhere or under the suspension somewhere solid and jack it there, then get stands under the car for safety before working underneath. I've got a pair of caravan levelling ramps that I drive the car onto to get more room underneath for getting the trolley jack to a better location.

Clio 2.0 Sport 172
Everytime I use that little piece of crap I kack myself

I have to put at least 2 precautionary stoppers in place before I'll go anywhere near

its just becuase the think is so tiny, and the area of the car that it attaches itself to

on my old clio 1.2 Grande it crushed a bit of the underchassis where there was a bit of rust :(

Ph1
A trolley jack with wood underneath doesnt sound safe, there isnt anything to hold onto if it slips. The cut outs on the edge of the jacking plate are so that if it slips it isnt going anywhere (or too far):
NSIjack.jpg

If you dont want to damage the sill jack under the chassis.

Its not going to fall off as long as your woods thick and wide enough. I use a square piece of ply which has done the job fine for 8 years.

Using the trolley jack 'bare' cuts into the jacking point sills

BMW E46 330i Touring
Can't quite figure out how the jack slipped out of the hole though... the hole is only there as a guide so you know if the piece of metal is pushing through the hole then the support itself is in place.

The piece of metal through the hole offers no support, so if it's slipped out it's because the jack wasn'y on the right point.

They're not the most convenient or the quickest tools available, but they've never gone wrong for me. A trolley jack that slipped of completely crushed one of my old Ph1's jacking points... an ex-member on here being responsible.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Mine is kinda broken, have to use it to get my car off the floor though before I use my trolly jack.