ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shall i take my tints off ? Opinions wanted..

I am about 70/30 sure i want to take them off, seems a shame just pulling them off when they cost a fair bit to do, (not that i paid for them, came on the car)

Less chavvy if i do?

That spoiler isn't staying btw, dechavving!

Image007-3.gif

Image018-2.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd like to see a better pic of the spoiler mate. Is it the kinda double one with a gap in the middle?

its not really as if many people on this forum would say no buddy

Thats my problem, most people i know like them, everyone on here doesn't. Can't decide whether i'm being sheepish for taking them off or being chavvy for leaving them on.

However
Think i might give it a go of taking them off later, or tommorow if i can't be arsed.

I'd like to see a better pic of the spoiler mate. Is it the kinda double one with a gap in the middle?
Yup, not sure if it's genuine Reno though, might try get a 172 spoiler though as i'm not the biggest fan of it. I'l get some pics.

Barge
I just think those are a little too dark, too much of a blatant different between front and back, which isn't for me. But, you asked for opinions buddy. You're getting them. :)

It looks sweet other than that.

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
to be honest with u if they were a bit lighter i would say keep em on, but they are quite dark, but hey u didnt pay to get them done so its not like ur wasting ur money directly if u catch my drift

Nimbus 197
Leave them on. If you take them off you just end up with another standard 172. They ain't chavvy unless you haver ferking bass hunter playing with the fronts wide open :rasp:

200 FF Storm Grey
Think im going to get like a 30% tint all round, real dark at the back then light at the front looks naff

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i had tints on my clio,
hated them so i ended up taking them off,

think they look really chavy when theyre so dark,
makes it look like a van lol,

Think i'l defo have the tints off by tommorow, then a new spoiler.

Just want an OEM+ kind of look, nothing to blatent.
Has come along way in the 4 months i've had it though....:dead:

Image065.gif

Image068.gif

Flame Red Delight
yea get rid of them and the spoiler and also sort out those scabby number plates get some plain ones on there :)

02' PH1 172
id take them off and get lighter ones.
Does removing them from back window not take off the heating lines that run across it?

S4 Avant
Remove tints, nothing more annoying tbh. Especially the pricks who tint the front windows, so at junctions you can't see which way they're looking/if they're about to pull out infront of you.

Take em off, could do with spacers all round too, looks weird looking at it side on.

There old pics, got 25mm on the front now, none on the rear though

yea get rid of them and the spoiler and also sort out those scabby number plates get some plain ones on there :)

Got a new rear one on the way, not sure whether to get a 3/4 plate, i want one but is it worth the bother from the popo? hmm

Tints are....... OFF!;)

Didn't pick the best day ever to sit in a car with a hairdryer, going to halfords now to get some stickystuff remover:boring:

Pics to follow

?
^fair enough.

I think that double spoiler looks nicer than the normal 172 one tbh but its up to you. YGPM anyway ;)