ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shampoo that will and Wont strip wax

As title. Anyone recommend a decent shampoo that won't strip my wax for maintenance washes.

And a shampoo that will strip everything for when I want to start again.

Not bothered if its a bottle or 5l jobbies.

Cheers!

There's products specific to stripping (CarPro Eraser for example), not sure I've seen any shampoos, not ones that have some nasty things in anyway :)

I'm sure others will be along to comment. As for a normal wash - Dodo Juice BTBM is decent.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Don't know about a shampoo designed to strip protection but put some APC in your snowfoam, that should get rid of most stuff and then if you clay it there shouldn't be anything left on there.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
A new shampoo from wax maker odk,super slick and wax safe,12% discount code aswell.My new favourite shampoo other than zaino

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
When you say 'a shampoo to strip everything'

Are you talking wax, traffic s**t, bugs, tar and iron?

I'd be getting a wax safe shampoo and snow foam for normal washes and tardis and iron X for decontamination washes.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
For wax safe I used, wolfs white satin and the dodo born to be mild. Out the two I prefer the wolfs

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Shampoo that wont strip wax :
fa5eaefc983c39e167e7598d33dbdaf0.image.148x325.jpg

Meguiars Soft wash. only problem is it comes in a small bottle and therefore fairly expensive.