ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shared responsibility

Hi All,

My windscreen washer bottle has cracked on my Clio 172. Common fault I gather. Renault have said that as the car has 30K on it, they will only accept a 50% weighting on the warranty, so I have to pay for 50% of the cost of replacement.

Is this right ??

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Not sure about the washer bottle, they covered mine completely but then car was only at about 16k.

They did grumble about covering the washer balls that popped out though and wanted £70 to do the job (they needed to see the car first to check the warranty!! :confused:).

I double checked with the dealer as I know people on here have had them done under warranty...the excuse was they have been covering things they shouldnt have been!! I just bought the £7 part in the end and fitted it myself.

not much help to you i know!! sorry.
Em

I cannot see why you should have to pay 50% contribution or any for a known problem. Try another dealership my original one said they wouldnt fix my dip stick under warently and wanted £20 or somehting to fix it another one fitted it no problem for free.