ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sharing a wireless connection ?

golf r32
basically I've brought a new desktop pc ,which i installed a belkin wireless pci card and as i already have a wireless router modem set up i just search for wireless connection click on mine entered the wep password and my new pc was connected but with sh!t slow speed . I've done a speed test with a top download speed of 100kbps but my old faithful laptop downloads at 5900kbps ??

hope this makes sense

cheers

stu

Leon Cupra R 225
I'm ditching my netgear wireless adapter, it's pants! hangs and cuts out loads :(

back to Ethernet LAN cable me thinks!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Should tell you your connection speed if you hover the mouse over the wireless icon. The further you get from the router the lower the speed you will get.. some go right down to 1mbps.. 100KB/s is roughly 2mbit

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Belkin dont appear to be the fastest, USB or PCI connections. What router? and what is the FSD code on the Belkin product?

172 cup'd extreme
How many walls are between the router and your new PC? also is there any other devices nearby that could cause interference such as neighbours wifi's dect phones etc?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
100kbps = 10 kb

desktop average 24 to 48 mbps

laptop a solid 54 mbps

Ah sorry, misread it as KB/s not kb/s

Damn, thats bad ! try changing a few things like change channels on the router, check your drivers as you can sometimes get drivers directly from the manufacturor of the wireless chip etc.

golf r32
forgot to say that my ps3,xbox 360 and wii all download fine through a belkin router modem its just my new desktop thats pony !!