ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sharing Media When PC Is Switched Off?

Nike Lunar Elite's
I'm streaming music and video from my PC to my X360 and I've also got a Revo Blik Wifi on the way that I'll need to stream music to.

Currently I must have my PC on to share the media. Is there anyway I can do this? I've read a bit about NAS's but not sure if its what I need.

Any links to guides and products would be greatly appreciated!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
nas box would work fine, would just plug into your switch/router and then be accessible when your pc was off. there are loads about, have a look at overclockers.co.uk for some of the top ones..

Nike Lunar Elite's
Cheers David, looks like I need to NAS with Twonky installed. I think it will need to run an iTunes server for the Revo.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Can I run TVersity on a NAS though? I currently use TVersity so that would make life a bit easier!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
yeh good point don't think you can. although i think you can have a nas act as a media server if it has the option, so a ps3 for example could see it..

Audi S3 225
i use tversity but im finding more and more avi's and vob files not wotking on the 360, its getting very annoying. Some freeze the 360 and others just play the sound.

I always have my pc on and use a small program that auto shuts it down at say 2am every night, its called timed shutdown.