ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shes coming today.... :-D

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

Just had a call from the dealer bloke who sold me the car, after being told by some other muppet yesterdy it wouldnt be ready, SHE WILL BE READY TO COLLECT THIS AARVO!!!!!!!! well excited..

any thing i should be aware of being its a new car? i havent had a new car before

cannot waitttttttttt

just have a good look over for damage or paint imperfections. check they have fitted the lower lip spoiler if you ordered the cup spoiler pack. other than that thats about it really

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

yeah - my old man wants to be with me to look, as hes well good at spotting things, and ill prob just not notice it in the excitement. ill look for the front spoiler tho loony, thnx. its just a black one isnt it

yup its just black plastic about an inch deep attached to the bottom of the front bumper. suppose you could check it has the locking wheel bolts on there and im assuming they still come with a luggage net if so it will be in a plastic bag in the boot glovebox or door card. get the boot open and check the corners of the spoiler arent rubbing on the inner edge of the 1/4 panel as this is common due to poor bootlid/spoiler alignment and will rub through the paint eventually

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

ahh cheers phunkey, ths printed now, will take that, didnt kno bout having to look for rear red light on spoiler

I got my new182 last Thursday mate, is been in the dealers since Monday having them fix the problem with the service, ABS and traction control lights coming on!!

Hope you dont get the same fault, enjoy it!!

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

I am now home with her! Seems all good so far. i didnt go above 3k rpm :-o

was well chuffed with myself. only thing i first noticed (here we go), the steering didnt seem perfictly centered? but i dunno now. anyone else had probs? was trying to faffem out how to change radio stations (they put all crap ones on there, i wanna store kiss etc)

I am having the same problem also with the steering, the steering wheel has to be a couple of degrees off verticle to the left to make the car go straight.

The dealers wont believe me, the so called technical expert said it was the coating on the tyres because they were new!! Come back after 1000 miles if it is still doing it, lol..

Check the tyre pressures, mine had 34PSI in all tyres! And the tracking was slightly out too.

Good luck.

Tony..

Quote: Originally posted by highlander67 on 17 November 2004

I am having the same problem also with the steering, the steering wheel has to be a couple of degrees off verticle to the left to make the car go straight.

The dealers wont believe me, the so called technical expert said it was the coating on the tyres because they were new!! Come back after 1000 miles if it is still doing it, lol..

Check the tyre pressures, mine had 34PSI in all tyres! And the tracking was slightly out too.

Good luck.

Tony..

I noticed the very same thing with mine - steering wheel is just a tiny bit off - not enough to really notice normally, but got annoying on the motorway. Mine was to the left too if I remember correctly...

Mine is in for the Service/ABS/Traction light problem this weekend (although lights have now gone out according to my gf). Will get her to mention steering wheel, as apparently they need to remove the wheel to sort the warning lights (wheel position sensor? airbag wiring?) - hopefully itll come back straight and with no other problems...

Nice one mate, got my yesterday and well pleased, you dont really need to go above 3k revs anyway, seems to have loads of torque :)

Enjoy