ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shift light very happy

Focus
I thought the peak power in the 1*2 was around that sort of RPM? Or am I missing something?

My 172 was always seeing the gear change indicator!

Sunflower Ph1 172
The light is that small that you would have to be looking at it to notice it come on. Therefore it's easier to just look at the rev counter. My old Ph1 had it, sunflower doesn't. I don't particularly miss that function.

Focus
It's not just about peak power it about whether the torque at the wheels.

On a 1*2 you get faster acceleration in the lower gear all the way to the limiter.

I thought the torque band on that engine/car/whatever was above 5000rpm? So to gain full benefits of the power is to rev the nuts off it? :quiet:

From what I can gather the VVT type system on that engine is near the shift light, so if you want to make fast progress it's good to get it close?! Am I missing something?

Last edited:
  Black 172
I've seen it once when I was overtaking a couple of cars and I left it in gear too long. To me it's a "You've messed up and now your about to get your fuel cut by the limiter" warning light.

Fiesta ST-3
Flol at the bum boys that always drive spot on and never thrash their clios as it my explode y0! It's a 2-3k Clio ffs! And I'm sure if it was a warning light they would have put it in red and not green!

Flol at the bum boys that always drive spot on and never thrash their clios as it my explode y0! It's a 2-3k Clio ffs! And I'm sure if it was a warning light they would have put it in red and not green!

Exactly, granted I don't kick the clio's head in everywhere I go, but I've seen the "shift light" before and it worries me not!

clio 172
some ppl here have an 8k rev limiter, so im pretty sure the clio can handle the shift light. BTW, there was a service bulletin about the clio dropping valves but only after an engine rebuild. Clios have been extensively abused as rally and track cars, so im pretty sure that as long as you look after the car you can rev the sht out of it,

CS2 PH1, Pug S16,
Only one way to find out...
Ha-ha. I'm understand.
My car have 2 lambdas. When the revs take redline the light not switch on :(
I had test it in on the 2d and 3d gears to the end.
If it should work but not work now, maybe it trouble with led. Becouse, when i turn on rear heater, the pic on the dash not work too.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine comes on at 4,200rpm under 15mph with the launch control :)

F4R is one of the most reliable engines ive came across, about the only solid part of the car! lol!

CLIO 182
I will admit, I've seen that pretty light come on. I bought the car to rag it, infact its pretty much the only reason I bought the car. There designed to see the red line every once in a while.

Punto GT
I can't be arsed to look in my Renault booklet to see what Renault call it, but if it's green it can't be bad otherwise it would be red like other warning lights...

CS2 PH1, Pug S16,
friends, light will come on when you hold the revs to close from red line?
I checked the leds (shift light and back windows heater), they are works (when give 3 volts directly) but not work when on car. :(

The only time I have ever seen the light, was on the autobahn at night. If your "giving it the beans" surely you should be watching the road/track? lol

CS2 PH1, Pug S16,
The only time I have ever seen the light, was on the autobahn at night. If your "giving it the beans" surely you should be watching the road/track? lol
Right.
But i want understand logicality that device :)
I know it not affect to the speed, but i like when all things work, I can surprise friends, chicks :)) etc.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LOL at the CS police! Longs the cars warm its fine! Far too may fags on here, but then again i suppose its a gheys car

The 197 light is much better than the Mk2's, centre of the rev counter, nice and big :)

The 200 even has a nice beep!