ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shocks

Stripped yozza'd cup
You want shocks alone or coilovers bud? Do you have springs?

Ps. My wheels will be here Friday ;)

e92 330i
aftermarket :)

You need to help me out a little more. Have you got lowering springs? Do you want to buy lowering springs aswell. Are you after coilovers?

Bilstien do b4 dampers which are replacement for stock at about £40 each.

boss man, you do exsist :L didnt answer my text fool, thats music to my ears :) money is here ready to be gone ;) cant wait to have some proper wheels :L well im now thinking coilovers, but saw the price and had a heartattack :L cheapest ones i found are £250 :( so hit me with bother ideas yes :) ??

You need to help me out a little more. Have you got lowering springs? Do you want to buy lowering springs aswell. Are you after coilovers?

Bilstien do b4 dampers which are replacement for stock at about £40 each.

nope i wasnt sure weather to do lowering springs and shocks or just coilovers.... what is the best idea ?

thanks

george

e92 330i
nope i wasnt sure weather to do lowering springs and shocks or just coilovers.... what is the best idea ?

thanks

george

Entirely your own preference. Cheap coils only good for lowering, nothing else. Expensive coils be harsh ish on a daily. Could got apex shocks n springs for 60mm. Or just springs with eibach sportlines, lower a decent amount with better handling, I have these and they're great.

Apex cost about £300 for springs n shock iirc.

Rokkor coils, about £170 plus camber bolts.

Eibach sportlines about £148.

Decent set of coilovers be £500+

Stripped yozza'd cup
boss man, you do exsist :L didnt answer my text fool, thats music to my ears :) money is here ready to be gone ;) cant wait to have some proper wheels :L well im now thinking coilovers, but saw the price and had a heartattack :L cheapest ones i found are £250 :( so hit me with bother ideas yes :) ??

LOL. when did you text me bud? If it was over the weekend, I've been in Rome. i'll drop you a text as soon as mine arrive though.

You can get non sport coilovers for £150 mate, ebay. I think they're made by raceland? have a search on here though....

If you want to go low, coilovers is the only way to go. You won't get enough of a drop without custom springs and stuff, will work out more expensive than buying coilovers.

EDIT:

^^^^ Very little point putting expensive coilovers on a 1.2. It's all about the looks. Buy some raceland/rokkor coilovers (made by the same people) and drop it on it's arse..... Will look cool as f**k with the turinis on it.

wow more options than i thought, ive only got a 1.2 so just want to lower it, not to bothered on performance. so cheapest options will be eibach sportlines or rokkor coils ? and how much are camber bolts ?

Stripped yozza'd cup
wow more options than i thought, ive only got a 1.2 so just want to lower it, not to bothered on performance. so cheapest options will be eibach sportlines or rokkor coils ? and how much are camber bolts ?

No point in getting springs bud. go for the coilovers. 100%

You'll get a great stance too.... nose down, really really low. If you buy springs, you get what you get, no adjustability.
Camber bolts arent much, about £15 or so.

I just had a look, there's none on ebay at the moment, but keep checking.

LOL. when did you text me bud? If it was over the weekend, I've been in Rome. i'll drop you a text as soon as mine arrive though.

You can get non sport coilovers for £150 mate, ebay. I think they're made by raceland? have a search on here though....

If you want to go low, coilovers is the only way to go. You won't get enough of a drop without custom springs and stuff, will work out more expensive than buying coilovers.

EDIT:

^^^^ Very little point putting expensive coilovers on a 1.2. It's all about the looks. Buy some raceland/rokkor coilovers (made by the same people) and drop it on it's arse..... Will look cool as f**k with the turinis on it.

yeah it was then :L so i definatly just spent £10 on 1 bloody text :L yeah coilovers it is, but i cant find them ones on ebay,, they dont have clio ones :/ send me a link :) ?...... so if i do coilovers i dontt need to do shocks right ?

No point in getting springs bud. go for the coilovers. 100%

You'll get a great stance too.... nose down, really really low. If you buy springs, you get what you get, no adjustability.
Camber bolts arent much, about £15 or so.

I just had a look, there's none on ebay at the moment, but keep checking.

so put front like 60 mm and back 40 mm ? sweet how many camber bolts do i need :L ? 2 ? okay coilees it is :) where does fitting for it all ? and thing i havent done yet is check if insurance changes cos coilovers :/ p.s how was rome buddy ?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Nope, you dont need shocks. It will come with all you need.

Coilovers shouldnt affect your insurance too much.... but its worth checking just in case. There's plenty of places that do fitting, I went with a mate of mine to have coilovers fitted on his Civic type R last week at a place in Thurrock. TDI South, they were brilliant.

There's none on Ebay at the moment mate, just keep checking. just search clio coilovers, post any that you find up on here and I'm sure someone will advise you on whether they're right or not.

Rome was great, but horribly horribly expensive..... 2 cups of tea, 14euros. so unhappy. lol.

Looking for 182
I went to Rome recently and it was amazing, best city break I've been on because there is so much to see in such a small area (in comparison to most cities). As you said though, EXPENSIVE!! Although the Metro is only 1 Euro a journey! Bargain!

Stripped yozza'd cup
I went to Rome recently and it was amazing, best city break I've been on because there is so much to see in such a small area (in comparison to most cities). As you said though, EXPENSIVE!! Although the Metro is only 1 Euro a journey! Bargain!

The metro system they have is brilliant. 4 Euros and you can use any bus and any tram all day! Awesome!

But yes, whole lot to see, really amazing place.

swheet :) yeah im gona ring them tomorrow, its just gone down by £400 cos my years no claims so thats all good :) oh right il have a ask about, my mate is a mechanic so il see if he can do it. okay il keep having a browse, yeah sounds like a plan :D jheezzeee 14 euros ! daylight robbery :L