ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shoddy Radio reception...

Black Dynamique
Does anyone else have this problem??
Mine is really bad in most places.
It's the standard aerial, checked that its tightened, checked connections behind my head unit etc. and still sh**e reception :mad:
Cheers,
Ben.

Clio
Sounds like one of two things has happened if this is a new problem.
1: Rain has got under the aerial base and corroded the connection. (Take your interior light apart and look up from inside the car at the connection.
2: The coax cable has been damaged. Damage can be simple crushing with no split in the insulation evident. Crushing the cable changes the core to braid separation distance which in turn changes the impedance of the cable, affecting performance. Admittedly it’s more of a concern on coax used for digital applications but the principal holds for FM. Obviously a cut in the coax insulation is bad news or a break in the core is death to all.

Clio
Learn something new every day, didn't know there was an amplifier in the base of some Clio aerials. Is it active or passive do you know?

BMW M135i
Must admit i'm not quite sure what you mean by active or passive but its got a 12v feed to it I seem to remember whether than makes it active or not?