ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shopping List....

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Can anyone help me put a shopping list together?

I've had My Titanium 182 for a few months now. I want to start cleaning her properly, I'm just using Turtle Wax shampoo, 1 bucket and a old sponge at the moment... :eek:

I'm after.... (starting from scratch)

-Some stuff for everyday use (well weekend, not that sad)
-Good quality sponge/leather..?
-A sealant of some kind to protect the paint...?
-Something to make the tires look shinny (not back to black spray, hate the stuff)
-Something to make the alloys easy to clean or not get dirty so quick (pet hate!)

If you have any other suggestions I would be grateful.

Also if anyone works for a detailing company and wants to do me a quote with a CS discount... fell free to PM.

Cheers

Nez

RB 182
All the below you can get from CarWash'n'Wax who provide a 10% discount, email info@carwashnwax.com with the details of your order and your username on here. Everything mentioned below I've used/use on my car (except the Factory Seal) thus I recommend the products.

Extreme Wash'n'Wax Shampoo when you've finished the Turtle Wax shampoo, use two buckets (one with clean water to rinse the washmitt before using it in the 'soapy' water.

Throw the sponge away, get a lambswool washmitt for a start. To dry get a waffle weave drying towel.

For the tires, use the New Look Trim Gel, I find using a paint brush easy to apply it with.

Use the Blue Rim Wheel Cleaner and the RimWax to keep the wheels looking top.

For sealant I want suggest the M-Seal or the Factory Seal (I've not tried it but it's meant to be good).

I also use OCW (Optimum Car Wax) on my silver if I'm giving it a quick wash down which keeps the car beeding nicely. This you can get from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk with a discount using 'ClioSport' as the discount code.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20vt
Hi Nez,

I've just put together some starter kits, which offer a discount over buying items individually:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/complete-detailing-kits/c_22.html

I don't know if thats the sort of thing you'd be interested in. The only thing I would consider adding to the full kit is M-Seal or the Factory Seal, and you would have a clean sweep from start to finish.

For you wheels, Megs Hi-Tech or Sonus Rim bright are my favoutrites, both very gentle, but do the job. Once you have them clean a coat of wheel sealant will stop dust sticking the same.

New look trim gel does look very nice also. It last a long time as well which is a bonus.

For silver I love the Klasse topped with XXX, howver by hand you will struggle to beat Clearkote Vanilla moose hand glaze. Thats a great cleaner, which gets rid of contamintion, whilst at the same time laying down a bit of protection. Apply M-Seal over that nad then somthing like Nattys Paste Wax or XXX over the top for long lasting flake popping protection.

Cheers Tim

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Car Wash - CG Wash and Wax and one of there lambswool mitts - http://www.carwashnwax.com/
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin - Off the shelf Halfords etc.
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Wax - P21s (extra step for added depth and wet look) (http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk - 10% CS discount and free p&p)
Tyres - Poorboys Bold and Bright - http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk - 10% CS discount and free p&p
Wheels - Great benifit about the Autoglym above is you can use them both on wheels for ultimate protection, just needing car wash solution to clean them weekly.

Use the above on my Silver 306, gives great looks and proven lasting protection.

RB 182
I'm with Tim on the XXX wax, really makes the silver paint on the Clio flake, another product I regularly use too.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Cheers guys this is great!

Here come the questions..

If I got the Blue Rim Wheel Cleaner and the RimWax, would the cleaner not just remove the wax? Am I better just getting the wax and cleaning the alloys with the shampoo? Or does the wax need reapplying everytime anyway?

To do the seal would I give it a good wash, apply the M-seal first then the XXX? How offen would this need doing?

Cheers

RB 182
The Blue Rim Wheel Cleaner doesn't strip the wax so you won't need to keep applying the wax, but it won't do it any harm, when you've sealed and waxed you can should just be able to use shampoo.

Yes, M-Seal before the XXX. I would say sealant every few months (someone may want to comment on this) but you can do the XXX after every wash if you want.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
Rich said:
Ca
Wheels - Great benifit about the Autoglym above is you can use them both on wheels for ultimate protection, just needing car wash solution to clean them weekly.

quote]

I never thought of using the Autoglym stuff on the wheels, does the gloss ad a barier to them to keep them clean? will the SRP take anything off the alloy?

106 GTi
AG Extra Gloss is the best lasting sealant I have found without going to the likes of Zaino. Yeap lasting protection that stands up to high temps etc, brake dust just washes off with car shampoo.

AG Super Resin cleans up the wheels nicely as well before the EGP.

Doing the bodywork with EGP you only need to do it every 3 - 6 months.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Right just about ready to put an order in... £65!!

Will the Blue Rim Wheel Cleaner work on the tale pipes? Or is there something better to shine them up?

RB 182
Got another order going in myself soon to try the new products out I've not got, god only knows how much I've spent on cleaning my car.

Don't use the wheel cleaner on the tale pipes, this is a quote from Rich about cleaning the tale pipes from another thread.

Inside and out with Autosol on and old Microfiber should work just fine.

106 GTi
Agreed with that lol ;)

If they are really grimey just use soem Autoglym Engine and Machine cleaner first.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Got my order today, Thanks to David @ www.carwashnwax.com for a quick service.

Couple of questions...

Extreme Wash'n'Wax Shampoo - Its says to use one cap per bucket, the cap is quite small. Is this right, or would you add a bit more?

RimWax - Whats the best way to apply this?

Cheers

Nez

RB 182
I tend to just just squirt it in the bucket, it needs a few cap fulls if your going by that measurement. With a few cap fulls you get the bubbles that you don't get with less and also you can feel that it's smoother. If you dip your hand in the bucket and then test the smoothness by rubbing your fingers together I find.

With the RimWax you should ideally use a foam applicator pad or something like the tyre dressing sponges that David does.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
I just used a new kitchen spunge (ripped off the green side..) to apply and a soft cloth to buff it off.

RB 182
Looks brilliant and it'll be much easier when you come to clean them next time too as the wax will protect them.