ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SHORT SHIFTER

182-racing-blue

Does anyone know where I can get a short shifter as K-tec are out of stock atm, I need it before the 27th!!!!

Or does anyone have one they want to sell???

RS RIP
^^ did'nt want to mention it.. but yep i also heard and read testresults somewhere, came out very good in testing. i'll look up the link..

Megane 225
It's an old shifter, so the packaging probably hasn't been updated. The MK2 Clio wasn't out when it was made!

182 inside
why don't you modify your existing gear lever? all you have to do is strip the unit down and weld in 1-2cm extra metal(i used a steel nut) on the lower section where the gear lever mounts the rod to gearbox.
cost of stripping it down - £0
cost of welding it up - £0
saving of £198.58

182-racing-blue

why don't you modify your existing gear lever? all you have to do is strip the unit down and weld in 1-2cm extra metal(i used a steel nut) on the lower section where the gear lever mounts the rod to gearbox.
cost of stripping it down - £0
cost of welding it up - £0
saving of £198.58

Whats the cost of me driving down to sunny kent and getting you to do it? :)

Clio Sport 172 ph1
I'm more of "do it yourself" guy. Graham 172 can I ask You for a basic idea (hopefully with some pics) on how to do it exactly ?
I guess those 1-2cm will make a difference on how short the gear change will be ?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my B&M shifter failed after 2-3 years use,was overheating and making it really stiff to change gears.put original shifter back,although taller, quicker to get hand from steering wheel to gear stick and also not so much pressure on gearbox.personnaly would stick to OE as more reliable.