ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Short Throw Quickshift Gear Lever

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi guys,

just wondered if anyone has tried the K-Tec short throw gear lever? Personally i am not that impressed with the feel you get from the standard 172 gear lever... does'nt feel very... firm... if thats the right word :S

has anyone tried this? and did it make a noticeable difference?

Cheers,

B

Those are B&M one. I have it on my 172 when I bought my car. I think it is stiffer when shift (or you may say - more firm). Plus fitting can be tricky from what people said here.

Also, I personally think it is not that short. And I think it may even make the gear stick shorter which is not good for good driving position. Plus our gearbox is not good for fast shifting.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I love my B&M!!!! Spk to John2modified for prices! Top bloke.

Ignore the half wits that bad mouth them without tryin them...They have mixed reviews over all. You either like it or you don't. But the std renault shift is s**t!!!!

RenaultSport clio 18
Ali said:
I love my B&M!!!! Spk to John2modified for prices! Top bloke.

Ignore the half wits that bad mouth them without tryin them...They have mixed reviews over all. You either like it or you don't. But the std renault shift is sh*t!!!!

how much shorter is the shift? is it simaliar to the scooby gearbox???

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I definately agree that the standard one is rubbish... need to do something... if not a short shift what else is available?

also - is there any truth to the rumour that the short shift lever can damage your gear box?

Cheers,

B

Lionel Richie
the BBtunning one is better IMO, includes a different gearbox pivot pin aswell, i've seen a few B&M's snap if half (mine's fine though)

I don't like it its quicker changes but the box doesn't like being rush anyway so I don't change any quicker.