ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Short vids from Curborough today

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Evening all,

Here's a couple of short vids from Curborough today.

First one is taking a fellow Westfield owner out:

And a shorter one:

For reference/info, top of 2nd gear is 75mph and top of 3rd is 107.

Hoping this is more interesting than my last vid which was probably too long!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i love this thing.

how would the tarty bus fare in comparison on a such a track?

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
i love this thing.

how would the tarty bus fare in comparison on a such a track?

You still need to come along sometime. Next one is 12th July at Blyton if you fancy it...

Haha. Well it's almost 5 times the weight and 1/3rd the power, so probably not very well :p

Such a crap wee track!!

Ever driven at Curborough?

To me - it is a small track, but anywhere you can thrash your car is good. And any circuit is challenging if you make it that way, too.

Focus st170
Good videos! Grate little track curborough going there on the 4th of July. Your line on the last corner was different from what I do but looked loads better. Think il give that line ago!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
You still need to come along sometime. Next one is 12th July at Blyton if you fancy it...

Haha. Well it's almost 5 times the weight and 1/3rd the power, so probably not very well :p

i definitely do need to come along. and by the end of this week i hope to have my new toy track ready. so i can join you on a few days.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Good videos! Grate little track curborough going there on the 4th of July. Your line on the last corner was different from what I do but looked loads better. Think il give that line ago!

Thanks dude. Yeah that last corner is a funny one... In a car with fair power the late apex works as its the only way to get on the throttle early enough to benefit down the straight. In something with a bit less poke you may be better with an earlier apex and carrying more speed though, have a play and see what works for you!

i definitely do need to come along. and by the end of this week i hope to have my new toy track ready. so i can join you on a few days.

Awesome, another Rallye?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
of course. lol just starting work on it now ill stick a thread up somtime this week. did some searching is that blyton day a westfield only day?

R56 JCW

Dan - It's Chris the guy who organises the trackdays with the LY200. If you want one of us to come out with you and help you with a few line choices, just ask us! Look forward to seeing you on the 4th! I will pop out an email shortly, but by the sounds of this I'm guessing you're still attending.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I find tracks a bit dull when no one else is on them, but still a good way to learn about how your car handles I guess :)

R56 JCW
Chip - it's a good way to learn the limits of your car without the risk of other people on track too. I personally finds sprints and hillclimbs more interesting than circuits as well.

Focus st170
Dan - It's Chris the guy who organises the trackdays with the LY200. If you want one of us to come out with you and help you with a few line choices, just ask us! Look forward to seeing you on the 4th! I will pop out an email shortly, but by the sounds of this I'm guessing you're still attending.
Hey Chris. That's grate thanks probably will ask next time. Will be good to have some one watch and point out any mistakes i might be doing. I should be attending yes. Really can't wait haha

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
of course. lol just starting work on it now ill stick a thread up somtime this week. did some searching is that blyton day a westfield only day?

Good stuff - car looks sweet! Don't totally rebuild this one eh, so you might drive it sometime this century :p

It's organised through the Westfield club, yeah...

ah, you would of been up against Rob Crossland then,

Ah I didn't compete, just went for the 'track day'. Know Rob via the forum though (and he bought a GoPro from me) :)

I find tracks a bit dull when no one else is on them, but still a good way to learn about how your car handles I guess :)

I actually found that one of the best things about it actually - nobody in your way / nobody in your mirrors. Always find these sorts of differnces between people interesting :)

I personally finds sprints and hillclimbs more interesting than circuits as well.

As I said above, it's cool to see how many different ways different people look at stuff. For me, the most fun is in nailing a complete lap, right on the edge at all times, which looks to be impossible in a sprint / hillclimb event, simply because of the lack of practice you get. So sprints and hillclimbs don't really interest me from a driving point of view.

This sprint day got me thinking about a few things as I was tempted to do one at Anglesey later in the year. You seem to get about 5 runs (in general) at a sprint, which is 5 laps. So you'd need to do 10-20 YEARS of sprinting (most series only visit the same place once or twice a year, and if it's twice they use a different layout) to get the same amount of practice at the track as if you'd done one track day! (Assuming the same conditions and they don't change the layout, kerbs, etc. in that time.) That would explain why most sprint drivers appear to be a bit crap, lol.

Anyway, enough waffle...

R56 JCW
^ Completely understand mate, Or look at it from another point of view.

The drivers only have 2 practise runs etc and then they have to go flat out, 100% on a competitive run after only 2 practices.
And when they're running circa 1380bhp/tonne in a single seater (John Bradburn). Utter respect for these guys.

Value for money in terms of competing, probably isn't the best but still a spectacle.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Oh definitely, trying to get anywhere near full pace after such little practice is tricky / bloody scary!

It's definitely not good value for money for the budget racer, but as you said it's pretty cool to watch.