ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shortening the length of springs?!?!?! HELP

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
This would explain why my car gets smaller everytime it's winter.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That is the single most retarded thing i have ever heard. Seriously, what the hell... if this is a serious post im worried. Metal doesnt freeze into shape... and it certainly wont stay "frozen in a compressed position"...

hang on... lusty?

its certainly up there with that corsa sport thread from a few years ago. A r****d thought that laying his rear seats flat made his car go faster (like stripping the interior )

:clown:

Der Panzer
Just cut the standard springs to length mate. Test them out by piling in full speed around the nearest 90 degree corner. Preferably tree-lined.

Job done. ;)

ok, so i gather that the freezer in not an option, but what about the microwave?

I think we've aswered your question in enough detail realy the answer is spent the money and do it right or don't

Anything else is illegal/won't work/dangerous/lethal. Whats do you think will hapen when you cut the springs and then someoen dies driving the car and insurance then turn round and refuse to pay out you realy think anyone will have any symathy with you? Even more so if they find this thread with all our comments on. I'd be expecting you'd be in prison.

1.2 16v
microwave comment wos a wind up, yep, i agree that cutting the springs would be dangerous, i just wonder if there is anyway to get around the insurance of lowered springs, wot most my mates do is not declare them and change them over if they have a crach and want to claim, has anyone done this on here?

1 Series Coupe
microwave comment wos a wind up, yep, i agree that cutting the springs would be dangerous, i just wonder if there is anyway to get around the insurance of lowered springs, wot most my mates do is not declare them and change them over if they have a crach and want to claim, has anyone done this on here?

Yea thats a good idea... Carry your standard springs around with you, when you have a crash, quickly pop out your car, jack your car up, swap the springs over, then ring the police etc... :dead: :dead: :dead:

TBH you should of checked with your insurance before you put them on?

i just wonder if there is anyway to get around the insurance of lowered springs, wot most my mates do is not declare them and change them over if they have a crach and want to claim, has anyone done this on here?
And theres a lad on here rashed with lowering springs on his car and insurance refused to pay out. Its happend loads of times before owners crash taken away by ambulance etc and the cars are unbale to be gt to at have mods removed etc and then insurance refuse to pay out on the car or your injouries and if anyhting else is affect the insuracne pay up and take you to court for the money theres one person who crashed into an M% wrote it off and now has a £50k loan to his name as he had to pay for the car as such.

Fancy a £50k loan plus no car?

Anyone who doens't declare mods is stupid IMO.

Monaco 172 2/468
Better still just bin the springs completely, it'll ride just great :D

I love the "change bits over if I crash" arguement. Apart from the fact it's retarded, how can you decide what kind of crash you will have lol classic

Clio MK2
to be honest mate, your going travelling in a couple of months so why bother. does your sister care that the cars lowered? probally not.

you seem pretty incompetent mechanicaly (i read a post by you a few weeks back, and to couler code the rear wiper motor cover you'd hacksawed of the wiper off) so imo get the stock springs and take them and the car to a garage and have them put them back on for you. before you hurt your self, or more importantly someone else :nono:

Clio 172 Cup
here here ^^^^ if your going travelling why not just save your money for that instead of spending money lowering a car that your only going to use for a couple of months. .....

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
have u had an education go 2 school u idiot put sand bags in ur boot then it will be lower hahahahaha

Cap

Pug 106 1.5 D Aztec powa!
have u had an education go 2 school u idiot put sand bags in ur boot then it will be lower hahahahaha

i live next to the beach and wanted to try this so i just put a plastic sheet down and filled the whole boot with sand, it worked amazingly! how do i lower the front end tho? :mad:

Please get this,
Internet-Key-Board.jpg

and throw it in here

wastepapbin_tn.jpg

ph1 172
i used to have this 2 litre passat estate round a field, it was way too low so we jacked it up and wedged wood between the coils of the springs and then dropped the car back down. the thing looked like a dune buggy and most of the wood stayed in there for as long as the car survied, bodges certianly arnt for the road though!

i live next to the beach and wanted to try this so i just put a plastic sheet down and filled the whole boot with sand, it worked amazingly! how do i lower the front end tho? :mad:

;) silly, you mix up some concrete and pour it into the engine bay, leave it to set and bobs ya uncle, that should bring the front down!