ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shorter ratio gears for 1*2?

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Hello,

just wondering what people have done in terms of shorter ratio gears? For an example people use VTR box's in their VTS so is there any other box with a shorter ratio that goes on or is there a set of gears you can buy?

Jope I have made some sort of sense!

Regards

jack

what gearbox have you got in yours? ph1's have wider spec'd ratios and a higher final drive than ph2 172's and 182's

172 Race Car
Phase 2 box has a lower final drive than the phase 1, gear ratios are the same. There is no better box (using Stock Renault stuff) for them imo. We looked i to it a lot for the race car and ended up with phase 2 box.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
What boxes did they use on the S1600? Although I can imagine it'd be £££££.

In fact, ignore me, because the S1600 probably couples to the box differently too.

gearboxratio.jpg

I stand corrected.
Ph1 172 089
ph2 172 129
182 130

clio sport ph 1
I had a jb1 box on my clio , first gear was way to short!! But the rest was realy nice . I know the bearings off a jb are crap but it lasted 2yr( with alot off abuse ).

Now i have fitted a low milage engine with the jc5 with circlip welded :eek:.