ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I be concerned?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi guys and girls, new Clio 182 owner here. Recently picked up what appeared to be a pretty good RS182, however I just discovered a hole in the sill. Does this look like accident damage, or just someone being a numpty and jacking it up on the chassis rails with a trolley jack, which then slipped and went through the sill?

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210217_162917.jpg
    20210217_162917.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 181
  • 20210217_162950.jpg
    20210217_162950.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 178
  172 Ph1
Looks like the Jack has slipped .
Easily replaced .
I would pull off that skirt and look underneath it for any further damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Only damage appears to be to the plastic sill cover. Easily picked up second hand for about £20 and you just drill the heads off the rivets and refit either using rivets or rivnuts/bolts.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
As long as it's not visible I'll just pretend it doesn't exist, worked for a few years with the 5... Until the MOT tester spotted it 😭

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
As long as it's not visible I'll just pretend it doesn't exist, worked for a few years with the 5... Until the MOT tester spotted it 😭
For the price to replace them I'd get some new ones! Use it as an opportunity to clean up your sills as it's just an ingress point at the moment

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
For the price to replace them I'd get some new ones! Use it as an opportunity to clean up your sills as it's just an ingress point at the moment
Oh I will, I just meant that I don't want to go searching for hidden rust just yet. I'm still in the honeymoon period and don't want to search too hard for things wrong with it 🤣