ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i be worried.... advice please

RenaultSport clio 17
Hello people, had my 172 just over a month, done 1500 miles or so, but i havent heard my rad fan kick in once, driven it hard a couple of times, temp guage looks good, you rekon its just coz of the cold weather its not required? To be sure anyone know what other equipment shares the fuse?

PH1 V6
if your actually driving it then the cold air feed to the rad will be enough mate more often than not.

Way to tell if your fan is working, once youv driven the car (or its up to running temp) leave it sitting on your driveway etc with engine running and the fan should kick in now and again to keep it cool. if it doesnt and the temp guage creeps up you know its not working.

Just an idea

RS RIP
good Question !

The 172 supposably has a HUGE amount of cooling fluid running round , therefore not so sensitive to quick overheat at stoplights/traffic.

I was wondering the same once because i have NEVER had my rad-vent come on at the lights/ in traffic

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Can't recall hearing my fan cut in either, temp gauge is always fine and have had no running problems either. I wouldn't worry about it unless the gauge starts shooting up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've never heard/seen mine come on, can't say i really look though.

clio 172 silver ph1
Sounds good to me, i won't worry about it, thanks

My fan doesn't kick in either, but I have noticed smoke coming from my bottom left hand side ( as sat in the car) do you think I should worry, first 172 sport and not to great with problems like this, thanks
Joni

Clio 172
If its cold then its just heat from the block, if its raining its probably water getting onto the engine. Ive not noticed it in any other weather other than cold temps/night time when Its cold enough for me to see my breath.