ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I get front fog lights?

I am thinking of getting front fog lights for my Clio (simply because it seems to finish the car of) and was wondering whether it would be worth doing this. even if they are not connected to anything??

Also if I got front fog lights could I wire them up to work just with main/high beam, so that they will only come on when flashing people or when on a dark road with no one else on the road. would this be legal or even possible?

did yours come with black cap and no fog lights? if thers a connection there you should be able to see fron under the car the connection block might be tucked away under the passenger side headlight area. not sure if it can be connected up or can be made to work.

However i do have some fog lights for sale from my 172 for £45 deliverd to your doorstep.

Pete

not checked to see if there wiring is already there, i doubt it as its only an "authentique" model, where should I wire them up to if i do. rear fogs? or main beam?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
No need to wire them up imo, how often are you really going to use them.

it wouldn't be often really, only time I use main beam is when flashing people out/into junctions etc

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Personally i wouldnt bother wireing them up, jut have them fitted..

1.2 y0!
ive got some that i put in mine but there not wired up, finishes off the front imo, wouldnt wire them up to the main lights though police are red hot on using fogs when unnsessisary by me, people i know are getting pulled all over the place for having them on when it aint foggy.

is it just as easy as to pop out the caps and screw in the fog lights (if you don't wire them up) or is there anything else more complex to do ?

Need a couple of plastic holders for the lights, there about £4 new from Renault or were when I did it. Being an AUthentique model you'll prob find that the wiring is in the engine bay, but there wont be any wiring between the fuse box and the indicator stalk for the new stalk you'll need.

Jap Box
With mine ive just put them in and wired some dim LED lights into the glass up to the mainbeam so it comes on when they do.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I wouldn't bother with them personally, never use them - so much so i've pulled them off the RS and made them into air ducts :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you will likely find the wiring is already there behind the bumper however your UCH wont support front fogs so even if you do wire them up and change the stalk, they wont work.

id fit them and just not wire up

172/1.2/E30
authentique models have no loom for fogs. all you need are 2 foglights, a relay, a fuse, a switch and wires of course. well, it is not that oem then, but it works fine:

clio 3 1.4 16v
I maybe wrong but I'm sure that I read somewhere that if the car is fitted with foglights that they have to be fully functioning for the MOT, obviously you could just pop them out if they're not wired up when taking the car for it's MOT but just thought I'd mention it :)

Jap Box
I maybe wrong but I'm sure that I read somewhere that if the car is fitted with foglights that they have to be fully functioning for the MOT, obviously you could just pop them out if they're not wired up when taking the car for it's MOT but just thought I'd mention it :)

Thats if they have the switch there to turn them on etc, if theres no switch, no bulbs, no wiring etc then they ae purely cosmetic and will not effect the MOT

172 cup

Thats what i thought if you have em fiited then they have to be working to pass mot

clio 3 1.4 16v
Ahhhh I see like I said thought I could be wrong just thought I'd read it and that I'd mention it