ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I go for a V6?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I think the Vee would be the most rewarding car to master - because it would the hardest. Just IMHO - I thijnk the VXT is easier to drive quickly, because they're so brilliantly setup as standard. If you mastered a Vee on the limit and a track and really got the best out of it I imagine it would make you a damn good driver heh. Like Clarkson always says, an Evo or Scoob flatters you - anyone can drive them at 10/10ths and not stack it.

In summary, just get a Sagaris and AA membership :p

Dan

yeah i agree with you there, although having never driven a V6 i am not in much position to comment.

trust me - if i could afford a sagaris, i would have had it by now!

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Depends what you class as special I suppose.

You sir are very special!!! In so many ways!

name me a modern i.e post 99' Car for under 20k which is as special as the vee and will turn heads like the vee and have people coming up to you in the street askin about it...

I dare ya! ;)

Radical and it will piss all over a v6 clio.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You sir are very special!!! In so many ways!

name me a modern i.e post 99' Car for under 20k which is as special as the vee and will turn heads like the vee and have people coming up to you in the street askin about it...

I dare ya! ;)

Radical and it will piss all over a v6 clio.

:rolleyes: Get real! We're comparing cars not race cars.

Racing Blue 182
Yes

I have never looked back after leaving my VX220 for the V6. although it is slower, its so much of a better car. I began to hate my vx due to how impractical and awkward it was. I love the V6 and the sounds is so amazing

Do it

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Its got two seats just like your V6 and can be driven on the road like your V6, although a little impractial but it will still do what you ask for a car under 20k. You sort of left yourself wide open for that one but i can see where you are coming from.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Its got two seats just like your V6 and can be driven on the road like your V6, although a little impractial but it will still do what you ask for a car under 20k. You sort of left yourself wide open for that one but i can see where you are coming from.

Getting a radical SVA'd is near impossible, due to a number of issues.

Firstly the emission of SR4's pre 2002 are too high so you need different inlets, coils, etc no sure exactly.

And secondly unless it's a road car to start with, I.e made to order from the factory the tub will come without a centre handbrake, And therefore won't pass an SVA.

;) just thought i'd point that out seein as we're talkin about radicals! lol

MY10 R35 GTR

Firstly the emission of SR4's pre 2002 are too high so you need different inlets, coils, etc no sure exactly.

And secondly unless it's a road car to start with, I.e made to order from the factory the tub will come without a centre handbrake, And therefore won't pass an SVA.

thinks mr rs250nut is a bit high in paint hahaha

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250

thinks mr rs250nut is a bit high in paint hahaha

Not done much paint work in the last week but yes is can mess with your head some times.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Theres a guy on here with one i think,but yes the running costs are high,but no higher than an evo

Titanium 182
Justin

A mate of mine has just sold his V6 and bought a Lotus Exige

OMG!!!!!

What a car

Its not ran in properly yet, but you just so know its going to be a evil barstewart!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

Exige is in a different league all together, i loved his Vee, the colour, noise and looks, but exige is so much better........ more envolved driving :rasp:

MY10 R35 GTR
Justin

A mate of mine has just sold his V6 and bought a Lotus Exige

OMG!!!!!

What a car

Its not ran in properly yet, but you just so know its going to be a evil barstewart!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

Exige is in a different league all together, i loved his Vee, the colour, noise and looks, but exige is so much better........ more envolved driving :rasp:

which exige???

exige, exige S, exige cup, exige cup 255

MY10 R35 GTR
my dad 111R is a great wee car, so I can imagine what the exige is like wi some downforce and an extra 40hp :)

Titanium 182
supercharger winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

cant beat it

Looking forward to it being ran in so he can properly give it some now that will be fun