ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possibly Stupid Radiator A/C Question

LincsClio

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio 182
In the process of engine removal etc and i am just giving myself an ever growing list of things to do while i have the opportunity.

Possible stupid question as i think i know the answer already.
Im wanting to change my radiator as the current one has seen better days and im looking at the nissen one ive seen recommended a few times on the site.
In regards to the A/C Condenser and panel can this go completely ? Im looking at doing an AC Delete anyway so assume this wouldnt serve a purpose after this ?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
In the process of engine removal etc and i am just giving myself an ever growing list of things to do while i have the opportunity.

Possible stupid question as i think i know the answer already.
Im wanting to change my radiator as the current one has seen better days and im looking at the nissen one ive seen recommended a few times on the site.
In regards to the A/C Condenser and panel can this go completely ? Im looking at doing an AC Delete anyway so assume this wouldnt serve a purpose after this ?
Yeah just get rid. It does a good job of protecting the rad from road debris that's about it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above yeah you can just remove it, remember you will need to get someone with an ac machine to remove any left over gas that's pressurising the system if there's any left, because it would be REALLY REALLY irresponsible to remember to wear gloves and remove the cap over the valve and use a screw driver to push the valve core and vent the pressure to atmosphere.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have just done a full overhaul on my Trophy with the A/C and its amazing in this weather, Windows up and extremely cold air being blasted into my face.