ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I go to SWR?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
As above. I need the belts done:

Timing belt
Dephaser
Auxiliary

And all that goes with it. SWR have quoted £620 for the work. Anywhere as good or does anyone have any other suggestions?

SWR won't knock a penny off so that's the price

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That sounds a bit on the expensive side tbh. I thought SWR were nearer £550-600 for all that work! They done my belts last year and I was just shy of £690 but that included a new thermostat, waterpump and coolant as well. I can't fault them or their work to be fair though.

Could always try Rentec in Edinburgh, not sure what their prices are like.

stumac

ClioSport Club Member
There website lists a lot cheaper, £340 for timing and aux belt. That is for a cup though. I was going to try them out also as they looked pretty cheap

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Problem is I need the dephaser done and you also need an oil change aswell which hikes the price up dramatically for some reason. If they even took it to £600 I'd go for it. Some crazy pricing!! Does anyone know the owner and get me a slightly better rate?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Maybe get parts from trader on here then get swr to fit them?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I can get ye parts for about £350. Are they likely to be less than £250 for labour? I could have someone do it for me and it would be £450 all in but then you don't have a receipt from a garage and some sort of backup should something go wrong

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I can get ye parts for about £350. Are they likely to be less than £250 for labour? I could have someone do it for me and it would be £450 all in but then you don't have a receipt from a garage and some sort of backup should something go wrong

£250 is roughly 5 hours labour @ £50 an hour.
Most garages can range from £40 to £70 an hour unless you go to a main dealers.

Im very good friends with SWR on a customer basis and a personal basis and they have always been very fairly priced and there workmanship is next to non IMO

On there website it states the at the 172/182 With A/C costs £380 for timing belt & aux belt kit.
Add on another £110 for dephaser and then the cost of 5l of genuine renault oil & oil filter and an extra hours labour you are up at the £600 (roughly) and this will include VAT

SWR have all the correct genuine timing tools along with CAN clip and they are Renault trained so for me that comes into play than having your mate down the road do it for £100 cheaper.

Info from there website.

Clio 172 cup
12,000/60,000/84,000 mile services - £110
36,000 service - £170
Supply and fit standard clutch - £450
Timing belt (including) accessory belt - £340
Oil change with Fuchs Titan race oil with Renault filter - £76

Clio 172/182 (with aircon)
Timing belt (including) accessory belt - £380
36,000 mile service - £220

Clio 197/200
12,000/48,000/84,000 mile service - £110
24,000/60,000/96,000 mile service - £110
36,000 mile service - £200
72,000 mile service - £330
Timing belt (including) accessory belt - £430
Standard clutch kit fitted - £650
Oil change with Fuchs Titan race oil with Renault filter - £86

Clio 172/182
Powerflex bushes full kit supplied - £105, supplied and fitted - £270
Conrod and piston package grp a 12.6:1 comp ratio - £870
There are MANY more options available, please contact for prices.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah I've seen that mate. It is probably about right just loathe spending £600 on some belts!! It's crazy money but as you say it'll be a good job.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have spent around £6k on my trophy with SWR and i would not take it anywhere else.

I have sent a small text to see if they would be interested in doing some sort of discount for CS members :wink:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Awesome mate:) let me know! Even a small discount would make a difference to me.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Not yet mate. Planning on doing it tomorrow to compare. I can't see them being that much less to be honest. Also further for myself to travel

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Rentec aren't the cheapest..... £600 isn't bad for what is the biggest and most important job on these cars. Swr are top notch.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
rentec are a little bit more expensive, i was £720 if i remember correctly for timing belt, aux belt, dephaser, water pump and a thermostat on a 172cup, was gonna use swr tbh but couldn't fit me in with work, took them the whole day to complete.

They also done a thorough examination of the whole car and gave me a list of anything they thought might need attention in the future and fixed my horn, they did this off their own backs which i thought was quite good of them, most garages nowadays struggle to do the things you pay them for let alone anything else,

All the guys were sound, i'd use them again

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Dont scrimp for the sake of a few quid

Its 120 a year should you keep it 5 years

Biggest sellibg point on these is having it done by someone proper and receipt to prove