ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I join the masses?

Just seen a 53 plate 172 in that common as muck blue (Illiad (sp), absolutely mint! :D

Interior and exterior are in tip top condition. FSH from the gay-rage that sold it new. 1 lady driver (the lady driver bit puts me off slightly :rasp: ). It really makes my sad little 1.2 feel like a wobbly bus! The sales woman told me to steer well away from cars with both cup packs as it has an awful ride LOL. She got rid of hers because of it...... hmmmmm.

Only downside is that it has 42k miles on the clock and they want £7995 for it.

I think this is overpriced? Do you? This is the first 172 I've actually seen that I sort of felt right, bar the helfty price tag. I saw a flame red one a few weeks back and that was on for £1k less, but was abit tatty round the edges.

Should I go back for a 2nd test drive with the wifey?

RenaultSport 197
Unfortunately a 1.2 is all some people can afford.. like me..

I think for the money you might pay, deffo have a good inspection of the vehicle and check all nooks and grannies and any signs of wear and tear.

Renaultsport Mégane R26
Hi Mells,

That garage sounds a bit dodgy as a 172 either comes as a 172 or a 172 Cup (there weren't any options for Cup Suspension packs or Cup Spoiler Packs until the 182 came along).

Also i'm sure that most 182 owners on here will back me up in saying the Cup Suspension pack is a must on 182's as it makes the car handle superbly but retains a lot of the ride of non cup'd cars.

Finally, I think you'll do better with your £8,000. This should really buy you a nice example of a 182 (with cup packs) with much less miles on the clock.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Hi Mells,

That garage sounds a bit dodgy as a 172 either comes as a 172 or a 172 Cup (there weren't any options for Cup Suspension packs or Cup Spoiler Packs until the 182 came along).

Also i'm sure that most 182 owners on here will back me up in saying the Cup Suspension pack is a must on 182's as it makes the car handle superbly but retains a lot of the ride of non cup'd cars.

Finally, I think you'll do better with your £8,000. This should really buy you a nice example of a 182 (with cup packs) with much less miles on the clock.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Thanks Dave. I thought they only came as cupped or not. I didnt let on at the garage that I knew anything about the RS's even though I spend most of my life on here! lol. The woman got very excited when I went to the office to enquire, I got her bloody life story. She said she went from a 172 to an X-Trail which got me thinking too.

I agree, maybe I should hold out for what I've always wanted: Racing Blue 182.

cock mobile.
Seeing as the 172 never come in Illiad blue you won't be joining the masses, it would be one of a kind!

Clio 172 mk2
Reg and milage isn't everything....I'm sure there are 05 plate 182s which are more f**ked than some 52 plate 172s.

With that in mind check it over fully and if it feels right just go for it and try and haggle the price down a bit.