ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i prtotect NCB

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

my quote on a 182 is (4 years ncb - 24 years old)

£646 not protected

£757 Protected

over £100 quid to protect it? should i

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i have the same problem too matey...

649.50 without protection

want over 100 quid for protection!!!

(23 6 yrs ncb)

i think i am going to not bother as if i did have a crash they would prpbably screw me over even with protection...

it only cost me £30 more so i did, but its crap really as when you renew they ask if you have accidents/claims, if you have they adjust your premium accordingly even if you had pcb or not, still worth it for me tho

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Thats a hell of alot. Some places charge as little as £12 admin fees for that Im sure.

Shop around!

Ziel Nurburgring

Defo, you dont want to go losing it all. £100 now or losing all the NCB if anything happens, and sods law it will

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

but if u crash wont the premium shoot up anyway??

directline and privilage are the same place btw but priv are cheaper.

cant get online to tesco the window doesnt open?

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 30 March 2005

but if u crash wont the premium shoot up anyway??

directline and privilage are the same place btw but priv are cheaper.

cant get online to tesco the window doesnt open?
exactly , its all a bloody con

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 30 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 30 March 2005but if u crash wont the premium shoot up anyway??directline and privilage are the same place btw but priv are cheaper.cant get online to tesco the window doesnt open?[/QUOTE]exactly , its all a bloody con

But if you dont have protected no claims you get hammered for having an accident AND 0ncb.

If its protected you only get hammered for the claim which sometimes isnt bad at all :)

I did a quote with my non fault accident with 5 years ncb and 0 ncb, the premium doubled.

Always remember your NCB protection only counts

with the company you took the protection out with.

If you claim then you have to re-insure with that company

to keep your NCB. They can then re-claim money back from

you by charging higher than normal premiums.

NO......... you can use any company.

But you will only have your full NCB with the company

who you protected it with.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Banner on 30 March 2005
NO......... you can use any company.But you will only have your full NCB with the companywho you protected it with.

MY understading is at the end of the policy, if you have a letter stating you have x years ncb then you do have x years ncb reardless of company?

Or do th eletters say you have x years ncb only with us otherwise you have y years?

Remember ncd is not actually aa no claims discount anymore, its just a number to get you a discount on the policy, in reality it hardly has anything to do with if you have claimed or not.

Just look at more than, protect it for life??? wtf is that all about?

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

right so if i take a policy up with x and crash not losing my ncb because im protected , if i change insurers at the end of the year do i still have 4 years ncb with the new company?

Im almost certain you dont.....

Each company policy is also different in the amount

of claims you can have. i.e. you may only be protected

to have two claims in three years.

I had four years, didnt protect it then crashed 3 weeks later!!!! Learn from my mistake... PROTECT IT!

Also, When u have a crash they only nock off 2 years no claims at a time. not the full lot.