ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I switch head units?

Renaultsport Mégane R26
Have put this topic up on MeganeSport as I am now an R26 owner, but wondered whether anyone on here has any comments as there aren't that many Meg owners with the headunits in question!

Quote:
In all likelihood, I will probably keep the Pioneer Reference Series DEH-P88RS headunit which I have fitted. I like the look of the unit (very clean cut) and it sounds great...

dehp88rs_large.jpg

However, for some reason I am having cravings for a change...
Have narrowed the potentials down to either the Alpine IDA-X001, which offers a small LCD display for better integration of iPod:

AlpineIDA-X001.jpg

Or the JVC KD-AVX33, which has a built in DVD player and a large LCD display for viewing:

JVCKD-AVX33.jpg

Both headunits can be had for under the £300 mark and I reckon I could get good money for my Pioneer unit as its very exclusive in the UK and there aren't many available, plus its in perfect condition.

Has anyone had any experience with the above headunits? How do you think they will compare to my Pioneer unit in terms of sound quality?

As mentioned above this isn't top on the priority list of car related things to do, but just wondering what you guys all think?

Any input welcome!

Thanks,

Dave

ValverInBits
my personal favourite is the top one. But then given the choice with my own cash i'd go for ipod integration ( as long as it does bluetooth)

Renaultsport Mégane R26
my personal favourite is the top one. But then given the choice with my own cash i'd go for ipod integration ( as long as it does bluetooth)

Well that's the thing, my Pioneer unit has the optional ipod integration hide away box, so the only real benefit of the Alpine is the bigger LCD screen!!

Starting to think maybe it'll be the JVC or leave as is!