ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i trust this buyer?

selling my clio 1.4 s. not sure if to trust this buyer, how safe r bankers draft. the following r e-mails bout the buy. alinson is the buyer. wot do u thinks guys?

Hello ,
I am Mr Alinson Bright i live in
Holland.I try calling your
number that was place on the advert but it is not going through so i decided to mail you. The reason why i mail you is that i am interested in buying the car you have for sale.I'd like you to quote your last price on it and you will be paid
with a Bankers Draft. I will like to hear from you immediately so that i can contact my clients to make arrangement for your payment,and i will handle the shipping of the Car to new house.
I will like to see the resent pictures of the car via email so that i can see what i want to buy and i also believe that all the information are real and if there is any change quickly notify me before i arrange for the payment as soon as possible.You can get me on my mobile phone 07031925090 .discourse further,hope to hear from you soon.Am ready to pay £3,200. Yours Faithfully,
Alinson Bright.

Hi, the price for the car is £3200. the
following attactment is all the photos of the car. i was wondering are you going to be the buyer of the car and living within the UK? if you are interested and process futher, i will be taking cash and a banker's draft, it will be a £1000 cash and the rest a banker's draft.

Thanks for the mail.am purchasing the vehilce for my private usage. kindly let me know the good the mechanical condition of the vehicle is,and the engine pics. am really interested in buying the car soon. just that am too busy at work now and i dont have much time due to the xmas on the way. i have my shipping company who will come down to ur location for the pick up of the vehicle as payment after payment been finalised...kindly get
back to me with ur full name and address so that payment can be issued out to u by my client wit nthe shipping charges which total 6850pounds in banker draft..
I will be looking forward to hear from u soon.
Regards,
Alinson.

You would have to inspect the car in person and for security reasons i will only except cash when the car is collected and finalised. with the price the car is costing 3200pounds the shipping would be up to you.

Thanks for the mail.am purchasing the vehilce for my private usage. kindly let me know the good the mechanical condition of the vehicle is,and the engine pics. am really interested in buying the car soon. just that am too busy at work now and i dont have much time due to the xmas on the way. i have my shipping company who will come down to ur location for the pick up of the vehicle as payment after payment been finalised...kindly get back to me with ur full name and address so that payment can be issued out to u by my client with the shipping charges which total Thanks for the mail.am purchasing the vehilce for my private usage. kindly let me know the good the mechanical condition of the vehicle is,and the engine pics. am really interested in buying the car soon. just that am too busy at work now and i dont have much time due to the xmas on the way. i have my shipping company who will come down to ur location for the pick up of the vehicle as payment after
payment been finalised...kindly get back to me with ur full name and address so that payment can be issued out to u by my client with the shipping charges which total £7,000pounds.
I will be looking forward to hear from u soon.
Regards,
Alinson.

like the last e-mail i sent u, it has to be cash up front when the deal is finalised, as the mechanical condition it hasen't broken down on me since i bought it nearly 3yrs ago, but thats my word u av to test drive it and check the car out urself.

Thanks the mail.I understand better what you are really up to.I know all what you trying to mean is all about the scam victim on the Net....but however i will like to still make my own payment by a Bankers Draft........which i believe is the best option in sending the money to you.....and you should not worry at all about the shippment of the Car.....all will be done by me.....ok.

Now i will like you to get back to me with the following details:full name and address so that payment can be issued out to u by my client with the shipping charges which total 6850pounds.
I will be looking forward to hear from u soon,
Best Regards,
Alinson Bright.

dats wot i thought nearly 7gs to ship a w reg clio, is it worth it. had 2 people like dis askin bout the car dat 1 and other from spain. i was like wot the ****.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
419 scammer fella!!! he isnt from holland he's sitting behind a pc mailing these out to hundreds of people mate from nigeria lol, http://www.419eater.com

could play a game with him and ask him to forward you the bankers draft with name mike hunt or mr. e. s**t

but dont bank it though!!!

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
What lawrence said, these nigerian guys are mailing thousands of guys every day. I have a mate at work who sells all our old work mobile phones over ebay and the amount of emails similar to your one where they agree to pay by bankers draft or moneygram is unbeleivable. But you could string him along for as long as possible to have some fun ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
i had some of these selling my 172 last year and told them my fee for money laundering was 1k up front and then do a deal but i heard nothing back.

dont do the deal

ian

Trophy 265/500
Do you know what a legit (Dutch) bankers draft looks like?

Thought not...

Sounds V shady to me, just say no.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Try this one for my mobile phone that is currently on ebay!

"Hello,
i will like to buy your phone as a gift to my daughter who is on a working holiday with his father in nigeria .i want it to be a
form of surprise package for her.i will like to know how soon it can be ready for shipment. i will be paying through my bidpay account(money
order) , since it is safer and gets approved within a short period of time.i can offer you £200 for both the phone and the shipping cost of
first class ROYAL MAIL and insurance.If you accept my offer do well to send me the following details so that i can make the payment
immediately:Full Name;Contact Address;Zip code;city,State;Phone number and a valid
email address.where you want your money delivered to in cash, please note that bidpay does
not deliver money to post office boxes,bidpay allows you to get paid in cash at your address i will be grateful if you can send your details
for payment,thank you.Reply expected,please when replying do well to include your e-mail so as we discuss better. "

I asked how the following can be true "i will like to buy your phone as a gift to my DAUGHTER who is on a working holiday with HIS father in nigeria"

Funny really, I haven't heard anything back!!!

Don't do it!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
trust me they are not looking to buy your car they prey on greedy "need a fast buck" people, basically what they do is send you the bankers draft, you cash it and handover the remaining amount so in your case £3800, a few days later the bankers draft is cancelled or bounces or whatever they do, you end up £3800 lighter and they are £3800 better off plus your car!!! play with them mate, go to the site i posted above and read it!!!

yea thxs lawrence for the info, mite just ignore it for the time being, if they e-mail me bk still askin bout it im just goin to play with em.

donnyo said:
Try this one for my mobile phone that is currently on ebay!

"Hello,
i will like to buy your phone as a gift to my daughter who is on a working holiday with his father in nigeria .i want it to be a
form of surprise package for her.i will like to know how soon it can be ready for shipment. i will be paying through my bidpay account(money
order) , since it is safer and gets approved within a short period of time.i can offer you £200 for both the phone and the shipping cost of
first class ROYAL MAIL and insurance.If you accept my offer do well to send me the following details so that i can make the payment
immediately:Full Name;Contact Address;Zip code;city,State;Phone number and a valid
email address.where you want your money delivered to in cash, please note that bidpay does
not deliver money to post office boxes,bidpay allows you to get paid in cash at your address i will be grateful if you can send your details
for payment,thank you.Reply expected,please when replying do well to include your e-mail so as we discuss better. "

I asked how the following can be true "i will like to buy your phone as a gift to my DAUGHTER who is on a working holiday with HIS father in nigeria"

Funny really, I haven't heard anything back!!!

Don't do it!

LOL... I had this one for my ebay sale last week... same person/template

Dear seller, i will like to buy your phone as a gift to my Grandson who is on a working holiday with his father in nigeria , cos the last one he has got damaged.i want it to be a form of surprise package to him.i will like to know how soon it can be ready for shipment. i will be paying through my bidpay account(money order) since it is safer and gets approved within a short period of time.can i offer you,250.00pounds for both the phone and the shipping cost.If you accept my offer do well to send me the following details so that i can make the payment immediately:Full name;Contact Address;Zip-code;State;Phone number and a valid emai address.where you want your money delivered to in cash, please note that bidpay does not deliver money to post office boxes,bidpay allows you to get paid in cash at your address i will be grateful if you can send your details for payment,thank you.reply expected,please when replying do well to include your e-mail address for we to discuss better ,

Seat Leon FR
suprised no one spotted this: the phone number supplied (07031925090) is not a real mobile number as it appears to be. see http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/070-numbers.htm

o2 (and the other networks i believe) have blocked a bunch of 070 numbers cos they are being used for scams and people have been charged loads by ringing them!!

seriouslt though, i bet a fair few people have fallen for this sort of thing, surely alarm bells ring when they want to send over a ridiculous amount of money and you have to send it on etc... :S

Audi Q7, Avalanche
my brother and most of my family (including cousins) are in the police and they get 100's of people reporting crimes similar to the ones described here. The basic jist is that they send a bankers draft, sometimes a legitimate one, even the wary can be caught out even if they ring the issuing bank to verify that it was signed by them and is a genuine bankers draft. However, people get sucked in with the idea of a 'bargain' and lose sight of what they are actually being asked to do, which in short is release something that is really expensive, i.e a car and pay for its shipment based on the fact you have a bankers draft which you think cant be stopped. Well ladies and gentlemen banks will tell you they cant be stopped but its a myth, a bankers draft is like any other cheque, once it is written by a bank it can only be issued if the bank account it is coming out of has the funds to clear it, if so the funds are removed from the account and the bankers draft becomes worth that said amount. However, you can instruct your bank to stop the bankers draft and cancel the funds. some banks still require the bankers draft to have 3 working days to clear as a consequence just like most cheques. one such story is of a poor guy who paid in full for a car that was in italy and paid for everything via western union, a total of £5000 which included shipment. did he get his car? no, and when he didnt he went to the police and told them it was there fault and they should get it back for him! the moral of the story is i wouldnt trust half the people in this country let alone someone 5000miles away! if i take a bankers draft for anything, i always ask for a passport and proof of address which i photocopy, i also ring the issuing bank to prove its genuine and only then will i release the car or goods.

Megane Mk4
I got a similar scam'er nearly 2 weeks ago .....

I won 4 of these http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5829121141

at £25 each .... but the listing as you see it on the website wasnt in Chinese before.. It was all in perfect english when I saw them plus the guy "claimed" he was in Ireland... He was selling 160 of these tomtom go navigators. Ebay caught him within 10 minutes of all the auction listings ending, luckily I didnt pay any money over but I'm wondering how many did hand over within them 10 minutes... Its a fecker that people like this prey on everyone, And in all honesty and fairness... Ebay themselves have a lot to be blame for it, They've spoilt the image of Ebay by advertising their website on Tv. They've just been greedy with it now, but while we're on the subject of ebay.. The feckers charge you 4 times if you have a paypal account and are a seller..

1st for listing
2nd for selling
3rd charge for paypal funds going in
4th charge for paypal funds going out (unless its over £50)

They make an absolute fortune and I think they take the Piss with it... Feckers!!

clio 1.2 16v,??
ebay sucks c**k for selling stuff to make money, but for getting rid of absolute shite that not even the stupidest person you know whould buy, i love it.