ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

show me your aftermarket steeringwheels

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
been putting off the idea of an aftermarket steeringwheel as most look out of place and people could think you were a chav for having one, but the bus wheel is anoying me more and more!!

lets see some pics of your aftermarket steeringwheels

cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

best mod you can do. Get a 320mm momo ;)

I've got a 320mm momo (different style though) definately a massive improvement over the bus wheel renault fitted as standard.

172 mk2 Iceberg
when will they make a minter that takes the airbag ?
my insurance wont touch it otherwise
all i want is a smaller dia wheel

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cheers guys, so what you all think of them, does it make it much better to drive? more like a go kart? how do you find daily driving? any bad points?

cheers

LY V6 with Recaros
They look really good, but don't think I would want to compromise on the safety by losing the airbag?

CTR--VX220D
The Momo one on my VX fitted your hands perfectly:-

04c81697.gif

Ive got this for my 172:-

OMPSuperquadroSteeringWheel.jpg

Very ergonomic and finished in tactile suede.

Regarding airbags --- I have had a nasty accident flipping the car and the airbags didnt go off - I was OK.

But - I would recommend getting harnesses if you are getting an aftermarket wheel for added safety.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
a few pics of mine, its a momo millennium. was'nt to sure about it at first but it grew on me very quickly and i love it now. probably have it in my next car too....
DSCF1677Medium.jpg

DSCF1676Medium.jpg

DSCF1801Medium.jpg

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hmmmm got me thinking now. Maybe when I get buckets I'll get a wheel at the same time.
Lets see some more pics guys, some lovely ones so far!!! :D

LY V6 with Recaros
There's so many things I keep saying I want do do to my car, Recaros, new stereo, now I like the look of the wheels...and I cant afford none of it! It's going to be an expensive Christmas for someone lol!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ali said:
Don't like any of them to be frank...

your missing out. The feel and look of the reault item is poor. Cheap 'leather', your thumb grips will split and its the size of a bus wheel. A Smaller wheel really does transform the feel of the car

Golf GTI PP Mk7
just wait till the 197 has been about a bit longer, then use a 197 wheel when you find one being broken, its amller and has an airbag, no doubt sum1 will figure out how to rig it up/

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i was thinking that my dads got the new clio and i think the wheel on its real nice, wonderd if i could rob it but dont think he'd be best pleased.

Monaco Blue Mk2
lewisniven said:
just wait till the 197 has been about a bit longer, then use a 197 wheel when you find one being broken, its amller and has an airbag, no doubt sum1 will figure out how to rig it up/
#

Yeah I'm thinking of doing something like that.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
like the idea just didnt think it would be possible but suppose anything is.

im not into the aftermarket steeringwheel look but really need one as the bus wheels killing me lol!

my momo is ready get fitted on monday the same paul2k in the for sale section even without on the car when trying it in my hands the feels so comfy and have heard good things about control improvement with one i know i am getting rid of the airbag but i have had 3 accidents in the past and the airbag made my injurys worse plus i am not planning to crash my car anytime soon i have a fast drive but drive like a fooking granny he he i will get some pics up when it is on

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
gt_gaz said:
your missing out. The feel and look of the reault item is poor. Cheap 'leather', your thumb grips will split and its the size of a bus wheel. A Smaller wheel really does transform the feel of the car

I like mine tho :S Bit big granted, but i like the look of it!

Golf GTD
that commando looks great, but iyou've installed it on the wrong side mate :rasp:

some nice wheels here

Banana
I am seriously considering an aftermarket wheel now, since the standard one melted it feels horrible, all lumpy and sticky.
I fancy a rally sl@g style in suede with the yellow band at the top.