ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show of your ice... :D

Arctic blue 182ff
old%2520record%2520player.gif

alpine type r speakers
alpine mr amp
alpine 9855r
ipod connection to glove box
better wiring fed through door shuts

have no photos as they look like speakers and a headunit . . . so dont see the point.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
You'l probably tell me it does/did the job but that looks shocking! I know its not always about looks but....

Agreed..... Std gear currently still in my car and probably never will change it.

Bumder With A Buffer
I cant talk though as my pc install is pretty s**t at the moment :( got some CF coming though and things will change then :)

Shocking in what way? TO big, the filler on the outside? I didn't care what it looked like really. But it hit over 140db at 33hz. Mental lows.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Good Volume Level but if it was all just Sub then its just useless as unless its a competition car there is no need for such bass levels...... music dependant a decent 12" or 15" with a dedicated Amp and Front Comps and Rear Mids also supprted by an Amp will be spot on for music listening..... All IMO of course but I've been there and done it before and spent a fair load of cash aswell

Bumder With A Buffer
Shocking in what way? TO big, the filler on the outside? I didn't care what it looked like really. But it hit over 140db at 33hz. Mental lows.

Just the presentation on the outside dude thats all. Like I said i wasn't doubting that it did its job. If you were to see my ghetto pc install it aint much better!

I remember a few years back, when i was a trainee electronics guy, doing an install on some crapped out sierra (it looked s**t on the outside), under the bonnet was something silly like a £5000+ cosworth engine and ICE galore and that wasn't inice in a presentation way but he won shows with it.

1.2 Clio
Currently : Ascendant audio - mayhem
In 4.1cu ft box (after displacements), tuned to 28hz. Running of a powerbass xa3000d 3KW RMS into the 1ohm load it sees. Pushing well towards 145db!
SN201736.jpg

It's a sexy boy!

Ply^^

Get that port rounded son. Will make a difference.

Whats it like playing T-Pain - Late night tip? Nice i guess?

YOu got the battery power to support the amp?

1.2 Clio
No. It's plywood. Take the piss... i don't care? MDF = medium density fibrebaord... as used on previous installs.
SN200441.jpg
Old install
MDF is typically the chosen wood for sub boxes, as it's cheap yet versatile and strong. Plywood is better as it's slightly lighter, but subject to less box flex if braced properly.

Skinny - Yeh i have another baffle to put ontop of that, was just to test the box really. The top baffle has a rounded port, i need to flare the tits off it when i finalise the box (carpet it). I've got a new alt on order (130a one) and i'm running yellowtop up front and split charged to 2 x yuasa 6v's 160ah. Theya re solid. Never seen below 13volts engine on to that amp when it's been in my hands. Check the thread on TA for more info.

Willie the kid - love for money.
Apsoultly lovely. Late night tip is also very nice, bit high for me though :p

Noice. Know where its at then sweet. Just didn't want to see the amp going up in flames ;)

You on TA then? Looks nice. Need a good front end to support it.

1.2 Clio
Yeh names Agi on TA. I run a pair of caliber amps (CA 100 and CA 440) on an active setup into some SPL dynamics HF's. Trust me they keep up with the sub, when the subs on 5 on HU sub control.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Everything is moved over to the left so I can fit my snowboard in. Could have done this alot better if I thought it through properly, but I rushed it as I hated the box the sub use to be in.

image025e.jpg

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Huuuuge difference. I had them like this for a few days when i first bought the speakers:

baffles006.jpg

They would make a horrible hissing sound on where the air was getting between them and the doorcard and had no bass or depth to them atall. Was probally one of the best mods i've done for my audio.

The standard mounting is probally fine for running speakers off a headunit but when you they are being run by an external amplifier with 10 times more power to them then standard mountings are shite.

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
Here's mine...just practical.

BootFinished1.jpg

You can still access the spare wheel without amp/sub getting in the way. Don't know why the carpet looks 2 different colours though. And I'm replacing the black carpet behind the amp, got a new boot liner so it's all the same colour and doesn't stick out too much. Doesn't need to be too fancy, I don't drive round with the boot open. And I still need a bit of space, and I can still fold down the biggest part of the rear seat or lift the box out if I need the whole boot.

Clio dci 80 2005
Heres a few of my old ones (all clio installs)... Im not a professional fitter, and id be the first to admit these are not great, but for a 21 year old (then) without a garage, i think i done pretty well lol... Need to sort the audio out in my dci, currently has a vibe active CBR10 in the boot, jvc dvd up front, with standard speakers... Currently have a 7" screen to fit, 3 sets of components, and a lot of glass fibre to work with... Not sorted amps or subs yet... but il keep everyone posted when i get it sorted...

Huuuuge difference. I had them like this for a few days when i first bought the speakers:

They would make a horrible hissing sound on where the air was getting between them and the doorcard and had no bass or depth to them atall. Was probally one of the best mods i've done for my audio.

The standard mounting is probally fine for running speakers off a headunit but when you they are being run by an external amplifier with 10 times more power to them then standard mountings are s**te.

you able to get the standard grills back on?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Not in the Clio, but in my old car...W7 in fibreglass enclosure and a couple of pdx amps...

3681537918_f37e58e58d.jpg

Clio has quality components (JL ZR) running from an amp...

4060477557_5cf6bff4b5.jpg

4020097858_16027f9655.jpg

4061222400_46286eec72.jpg