ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show off your beading

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Auto Finesse Tough Coat and Tripple combo form a few weeks back :)

13642331853_1a6c3b5ede_c.jpg

Clio 5 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

13642216693_94b45a0084_c.jpg

Clio 1 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Guys/Jay

Sent a sample of Obsession Wax | Bead Edition to sample and make a short video displaying it's water behavior. Please also bear in mind this was on a non-deconn'd 207, so I'm sure there would be an increase in structure with tar, fallout removal and claying process carried out.

Maybe worth a shot if some of you guys are planning on summer shows, not needing durability as by Jay's own admission this will last circa 2 weeks maximum with no polymers & all natural ingredients.

Best to full screen and up the resolution to 1080p ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD9bwcVWqUM

Same Video just for Vimeo users if any.

[video=vimeo;93003581]http://vimeo.com/93003581[/video]

http://vimeo.com/93003581

Some stills also :)

14000436524_42fa63bacc.jpg

IMG_0796 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

13996820472_680e471bc8.jpg

IMG_0793 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

14000025525_2e4e190d18.jpg

IMG_0791 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

14020053043_5a3f10d196.jpg

IMG_0786 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

Cheers :)

Awesome video!

Wax looks interesting that's for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guilty ;)
Wash: autoglym shampoo
Polish: autoglym SRP
Wax: poorboys - smells like bubblegum can't remember specifics.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
RB182
Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Autosmart Tardis
Carpro IronX
Sonus Green Clay
Carpro Hydro2
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

IMG_2477.gif

IMG_2475.gif

IMG_2474.gif

CRZ
Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Werkstatt Acrylic Jett
Sonax BSD

Note pictures below are on dirty car, before shampooing

IMG_2466.gif

IMG_2457.gif

BSD is a cracking product. The Hydro2 I expected a lot more from, though it feels really glass and smooth, the beading reduced after washing.
BSD seems to last even longer.

BSD is a cracking product. The Hydro2 I expected a lot more from, though it feels really glass and smooth, the beading reduced after washing.
BSD seems to last even longer.

Because you're replacing the hydrophobic surface with the glossing agents of the Sonax Shampoo. Stick to a "adds nothing" shampoo and you'll be fine.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Because you're replacing the hydrophobic surface with the glossing agents of the Sonax Shampoo. Stick to a "adds nothing" shampoo and you'll be fine.

Don't have this problem with the sonax shampoo over BSD though. At all.
I've got some pure shampoo, but I quite like the Sonax.

May give Zymol or Supernatural a try next wash.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
So people agree that BSD is great ?

Has to be tried to be believed really.

I've shelved my time consuming waxes and put BSD at the front of the shelf.

If you're really after a smooth as glass finish, you'll be disappointed, it feels quite squeaky.
But if you're after a blingy finish, great beading and water behaviour, then its the business.

So easy to use (IN THE SHADE) that its no stress whatsoever to put a coat on 3-4 weeks.

Not a 320d
Has to be tried to be believed really.

I've shelved my time consuming waxes and put BSD at the front of the shelf.

If you're really after a smooth as glass finish, you'll be disappointed, it feels quite squeaky.
But if you're after a blingy finish, great beading and water behaviour, then its the business.

So easy to use (IN THE SHADE) that its no stress whatsoever to put a coat on 3-4 weeks.

Oh i know mate ive been using it a year or so now. Was trying to wind JD up.

Great product, fussy application. Ill probably never use anything else. It is literally perfect for my requirements. I think even with my own home and garage Id never wax again.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I like bsd as a qd/quick protection, but I enjoy the occasion of waxing after a full decon and cleanse.

To use a spray sealant/qd after spending so much time on a car is a poor effort IMO.

Ill happily use it for in between washes when the wax is starting to die off though... Or on a car I CBA to decontaminate for new wax

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just don't like that it feels weird, grabby almost. Very strange for such a good product. Sonus products have always been good. What is their other sealant like?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I just don't like that it feels weird, grabby almost. Very strange for such a good product.

Yeah, no slickness to it.

I usually apply Raceglaze '55' by hand.
My daily driver is topped up with BSD

It'll be getting a full decon in a couple of weeks time (brake dust, iron particles, tar spatter present), then RG and BSD again.
My other QD is Clearkote Quikshine - thats a great product too for what, £8 ? Now that does leave a super slick finish.

Honda & VW
Yeah, no slickness to it.

I usually apply Raceglaze '55' by hand.
My daily driver is topped up with BSD

It'll be getting a full decon in a couple of weeks time (brake dust, iron particles, tar spatter present), then RG and BSD again.
My other QD is Clearkote Quikshine - thats a great product too for what, £8 ? Now that does leave a super slick finish.

Value for money Quickshine is very good although I'm yet to fully move away from Z6

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Bsd gives great water behaviour, it there is nothing else about the product that I like. It's nicer to apply over a sealant than wax though. I still choose to use something like prima slick/ AF Finale / diluted C2 provided that my base protection is still performing.

Sonax polymer net shield is again not overly nice to use. Dirt repelancy and wash down is great, water behaviour better than BSD, and seems very durable and resistant to chemicals

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
2 layers of Collinite 467S on top of a layer of AG SRP. AF Revive on the plastic trim in the wing mirror picture.

IMG_2348_zpsd1396853.jpg

IMG_2351_zpsf6808819.jpg

IMG_2350_zps363ac3ae.jpg

IMG_2352_zps99333a83.jpg

IMG_2349_zps59421b3d.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
All colli products seem to give great beading. Keep considering buying another one of their products for when I just want some hardcore protection

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Srp with 476 on top always seems to give metal beeding. Drive down the road and it all flys off with ease.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Sorry but the pictures above aren't a good example of beading!

Autofinesse spirit, on a dusty panel after driving through a puddle stopping a few miles later.

IMAG0385.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Yes, good beading should be nice tight spherical shapes, all uniform. Yours a quite flat, not round or same shapes.

Compare yours to hose pictured above and it's very different