ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SHOW US YOUR AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT !!! ??

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
After market headunits what ya got ?? Lets see some pics and verdicts please ??

Listerine & Poledo
One of these in Listerine.
DNX52060BT_navi_UK.jpg

If it only had DAB, it'd be ideal, but I did get it on the very cheap.

Only niggle is that every so often the bluetooth wont hook up to iPhone (5), but, then the same iPhone is connected to the iPod lead so that's probably the problem. Would be good if it could stream audio over bluetooth, but I wont complain.

Actually, this reminds me, I need to get a small CD wallet for keeping a few random films in, in case weather turns poor during summer coastal-runs.

EDIT - I do also have an old Alpine that I've still not got round to off-loading. With all the clio wires and 30-pin wire. Best single-DIN unit I've had.

Polo + Micra
ICS-X8_MyFavourites.png

this is what i've got in the polo with the 2 usb ports routed into the glove box also linked to a ktp-445

Listerine & Poledo
*awesome Alpine double-din*

this is what i've got in the polo with the 2 usb ports routed into the glove box also linked to a ktp-445

I like that. A lot.

My iLead goes to the centre console in Listerine but there's only one USB and a front jack.

How do you find the power-pack amp? Really wanted one on my Alpine but always had other things to drop £100 on.

Polo + Micra
the alpine power pack is epic for it's size volume on 20 and it downs out my milltek with ease on standard speakers

i used to have a iva-w520r but didn't like the sticky out lip and limited depth adjustment

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Another vote for Alpine here.

My CDA-117ri is fully hooked up to the standard display unit.

The stalk controls still work, and also control my iPhone 5 which is linked via a cable in the glovebox (and a cheapo lighning adapter).

The sound quality is absolutely top drawer, helped by the Genesis amp & uprated components I'm running.

HU_zps98c92013.jpg

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
h500iDAX001-wfr_mt.jpeg

Have this in mine - Alpine IDA-X001. Love it, except that the official Alpine cable doesn't support album artwork and it loses your place in the artist list when you press back. This means you have to scroll FOREVER.

It's much better just to use the USB > iPod type cable, instead of the proprietary Alpine plug > Ipod cable.

Edit: What is up with the attached image thing on this board? So frustrating. The image below is the X100, the slightly newer version of mine.

Attachments

• xlarge_eea7c36edce72b66dced3c07adb5eb99.png
    xlarge_eea7c36edce72b66dced3c07adb5eb99.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 270

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Don't care too much to be honest, if I wanted sq I'd put my 9855 in there but as this is useful it'll do.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
8321795064_923c5cb4d6_c.jpg
JVC - Clio by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

I have one of these - JVC KD-R331

I think it is quite good in terms of sound quality for its price. I like the fact it has a front and a rear aux port, I've managed to feed a cable from the rear port to a gap near handbrake which keeps wires out of the way. Far better head units out there though :)

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
how did u made them work together? i mean display and radio :)
Another vote for Alpine here.

My CDA-117ri is fully hooked up to the standard display unit.

The stalk controls still work, and also control my iPhone 5 which is linked via a cable in the glovebox (and a cheapo lighning adapter).

The sound quality is absolutely top drawer, helped by the Genesis amp & uprated components I'm running.

HU_zps98c92013.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
I've got an alpine with Tuner List display/stalk lead Im not using anymore...and 30-pin lead ;)

Oh, it's a proper alpine, no exposed cd slot.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to pick up the correct adapter (APF-D102RE) from the For Sale section. Quite lucky I think.

No imprint for me, the ICE funds ran out, but next on the list is definitely an under-seat sub. How far away is Christmas? ;)

damn, need to find me that cable then....just seen some prices here in europe and they range from €85 to €130!!!!

I have the imprint btw....the software is really crappy, and i'm getting a strange result where the soundfield is skewed to the left....sound qualityy is very good though!