ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

show us your mk3's

E30 318iS x2
Yes I'm sure he will. Seems more like your his rear gunner if I'm honest.

Don't feel I've wasted any money and nor does any one else who has just springs fitted either from what I've seen.

I'm not wanting to get in a huge flaming debate about it because it isn't needed but if people want springs, they're going to buy them. Could it just be that some people want only slightly stiffer handling and a better OEM look as opposed to slammed impracticality?

I love my Eibach springs. They're comfy and the handling was much improved. IIRC I was the first person to put mine on Pro-lines (35mm) a couple of years back and I haven't wanted to change yet.

Mini Cooper S

Don't feel I've wasted any money and nor does any one else who has just springs fitted either from what I've seen.

I'm not wanting to get in a huge flaming debate about it because it isn't needed but if people want springs, they're going to buy them. Could it just be that some people want only slightly stiffer handling and a better OEM look as opposed to slammed impracticality?

I love my Eibach springs. They're comfy and the handling was much improved. IIRC I was the first person to put mine on Pro-lines (35mm) a couple of years back and I haven't wanted to change yet.

Found a website selling them for £135 inc. P&P, might make the plunge today...just need to see if they're in stock!

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE

fair enough it may just not be my taste, id rather have it slammed as u say. but coilovers dont make it impractical? i drive mine everyday and not a problem. ride quality is comfortable enough for me and handling is great.

P.S Irish guy...I love your install! Very classy.

cheers

E30 318iS x2
You, well you just moan about everything......

PMSL, Based on what? Just because I'm the only one to voice an opinion against you and not jump on your band wagon.

fair enough it may just not be my taste, id rather have it slammed as u say. but coilovers dont make it impractical? i drive mine everyday and not a problem. ride quality is comfortable enough for me and handling is great.

How much adjustment do you have with the Weitecs?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
After owning both coilovers and springs on my previous cars i wouldn't go coilovers again. The extra they lower is not practical, and the cost is too much for me to justify again.

Dynamique SX :)

Lowered 30mm, 20mm spacers and RS grille:

photo0068pb1.jpg

eurofest6sept791largedb8.jpg

What engine is in this, presume its a 1.6 since its been on track?

White Sti Hatch
yes i did but they were wound right down couls have taken them out n just left the platform without the runner

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
yes i did but they were wound right down couls have taken them out n just left the platform without the runner
i'm still running the original weitec springs without the adjusters... need to get the customs ordered!

Slow red one
I'm glad I got springs personally because the body kit would be hitting the ground loads if it was wound down on coils. Yes the look does look amazing on coils and handing would be way better but i'm happy with my eibach's and glad I didn't spend an extra £400 for them to. Personal opinion I think.

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
I'm glad I got springs personally because the body kit would be hitting the ground loads if it was wound down on coils. Yes the look does look amazing on coils and handing would be way better but i'm happy with my eibach's and glad I didn't spend an extra £400 for them to. Personal opinion I think.

what body kit do you have?:S i have the tce kit and i've only ever caught it once and that was because of roadworks that were not signposted.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
After owning both coilovers and springs on my previous cars i wouldn't go coilovers again. The extra they lower is not practical, and the cost is too much for me to justify again.

:dead:

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
i am trying to decide wether i like the spoiler on the 197s or not. looks cleaner without the spoiler IMO.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
buy it your self then have it sprayed or spray it your self (doing a decent job isnt hard) then fitting piece of piss k-tec are a rip off

Mini Cooper S
Elld90 what all have you done to your clio m8?

Front tints to match the rears, colour coded, debadged rear, silvertec bulbs, RS mats and a sound system.

Ordered some Eibach springs, so they'll be on by the end of the month.

I'm an estate agent so can't heavily modify the car(not that I want to), and it needs to be practical for all the 100s of speedbumps in the area.

Looking to do a remap/panel filter next year when K-Tec bring their map out. Also probs transfer my number plate next year too, will possibly spray the wheels anthracite as they've had a sh*t refurb in the past. Thought about a spoiler but can't justify the cost for the one I want.

197 cup/ 172
Stunning Ali, I demand a blast! Better camera needed though lol
haha yeah ull get a wee blast need to get that extra big camera out that you have mate haha.took those photos on my phone so didnt think they were that bad!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Not entirely bog standard. But heres our old one:

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

Tis what happens when a Civic type-r crosses the centre reservation at bout 50mph and crashes head on into us.