ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Your Home Theater

BG DCI
Your amp has 4in 1out (hdmi) so it acts as a switch. You would go, xbox - hdmi - Amp, Freeview - hdmi - amp, amp - hdmi - tv

when you switch inputs on the amp it will switch the picture and sound, the tv will stay on the hdmi input eg input 1.

Got it!

SQ5
Really sorry but my inexperienced brain has lost you...

You won't get surround sound out of the tv so just use the standard L/R RCA or scart lead to extract audio from the television.

That Keene IR kit is overpriced. Goto CPC and they are around £30.

BG DCI
You won't get surround sound out of the tv so just use the standard L/R RCA or scart lead to extract audio from the television.

That Keene IR kit is overpriced. Goto CPC and they are around £30.

Scart to L/R RCA it would have to be...

My system can make the stereo sound into sounding like SS though through the settings...

SQ5
AV18872 is the part number.

That's basically it yes, the TV HDMI will only ever take in a stereo input as it only has two speakers, therefore that's all it will send out of any output.

BG DCI
AV18872 is the part number.

That's basically it yes, the TV HDMI will only ever take in a stereo input as it only has two speakers, therefore that's all it will send out of any output.

That part number correct?

[h=1]6.35MM ST SOCKT TO 2X ST PLUGS, 1.8M?[/h]

BG DCI
Thought I would give this thread a little update with an actual home system rather than my questions...

Started with this...

uploadfromtaptalk1393187910252.jpg

Bought an old cupboard for £15 locally and started making it fit perfectly into under the stairs.

uploadfromtaptalk1393188002401.jpg

I tested the system once I had all the cables I needed before filling the trunking I ran the cables through in the wall.

uploadfromtaptalk1393188064853.jpg

(TV will obviously be higher and covering the plugs and airiel.)

This was all the gear. Pioneer setup with 5 speakers and sub.

uploadfromtaptalk1393188264038.jpg

Put the first bit of filler in everywhere ready to be rubbed down and add a bit more where needed. Will chuck some pictures up of that and it finished soon!

Taken ALOT of time to make perfect as my standards, as most in this thread, are really high.

Thanks

Liam

Got these LEDs delivered today. They are warmer than 6500k, but match the side lamps in the lounge.

15573623364_7acd623157_o.jpg

16196018485_6784f6c64b_o.jpg

16008517818_0e86f219ae_o.jpg

16195387261_c11d6a3d90_o.jpg

Here's an iPhone flashlight to compare (no idea what the temp is)
16198291435_3468aed628_o.jpg

I'm still itching to replace the fronts (currently BX2) for floor standers, but I can't see it being anytime soon, Mrs wants a new sofa first.

Sony 55W829
BX2 & BXC
Onkyo 576
Apple TV3, Xbox One, Plex Server

Inferno 225 cup
Got these LEDs delivered today. They are warmer than 6500k, but match the side lamps in the lounge.

15573623364_7acd623157_o.jpg

16196018485_6784f6c64b_o.jpg

16008517818_0e86f219ae_o.jpg

16195387261_c11d6a3d90_o.jpg

Here's an iPhone flashlight to compare (no idea what the temp is)
16198291435_3468aed628_o.jpg

I'm still itching to replace the fronts (currently BX2) for floor standers, but I can't see it be anytime soon.

Sony 55W829
BX2 & BXC
Onkyo 576
Apple TV3, Xbox One, Plex Server
You got a link mate, I like that.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
You can save some cash getting direct from China (ebay) as a kit, if you're willing to wait a few weeks. Check the number per Metre and size of LEDs in the listing carefully though. And if you do get a kit make sure it's an RF remote, NOT IR. It was like a nightclub every time I changed channels 😂 I've put the RGB ones in the garage now safe from the TV remote. Although it was good watching films with a really deep blue backlight it didn't have a colour close enough to "warm white" to keep them in the lounge however.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
You're talking £12-13 for a 5M 5050 kit , but it might take some finding for one with RF remote, most are IR at that price. At a push you can get an IR kit for just under £12 and add an RF remote for under £2. I just wasn't in a rush so didn't mind the wait. After the garage actually worked out well in the end I'm converting the main bedroom light to LED strip lighting (recessed into ceiling) as well as the living room now (recessed into 2 floating shelves, up and possibly down lighting).

You're talking £12-13 for a 5M 5050 kit , but it might take some finding for one with RF remote, most are IR at that price. At a push you can get an IR kit for just under £12 and add an RF remote for under £2. I just wasn't in a rush so didn't mind the wait. After the garage actually worked out well in the end I'm converting the main bedroom light to LED strip lighting (recessed into ceiling) as well as the living room now (recessed into 2 floating shelves, up and possibly down lighting).
The kit I've quoted above includes an RF remote.

A4 Avant
Some awesome installs there. We've started creating a lot of LED based lightboxes for work and I'm going to incorporate some LED into my lounge renovation.

It's amazing how the price of the tape has come down, a few years ago we were nearly £200 per roll, we're now down to £30 for RGB.

Civic FN2 Track Car
LEDs: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007O4I30O/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Transformer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0086D9J00/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Dimmer (optional, but mine is running at 25%, as 100% is far too bright): http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CXS2GFO/?tag=cliospnet01-21

The strip has double sided tape on, peel and stick. You can cut them shorter (comes with 5meter). Just cut at the marked lines.

Could you buy 2 strips and one them off one power supply and one remote?

Could you buy 2 strips and one them off one power supply and one remote?
I don't see why not. You would just cut the end off one strip, then solder the two strips together.

The remote controls the current between the plug adapter and the first LED.

The only thing I'm not sure on, is how much power the LEDs require.

Civic FN2 Track Car
I don't see why not. You would just cut the end off one strip, then solder the two strips together.

The remote controls the current between the plug adapter and the first LED.

The only thing I'm not sure on, is how much power the LEDs require.

Just read the power supply will give out 36w and the LED strip requires 24w. Could i just use something like this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JS926PQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

As i would want one set around the tv and one under the tv stand

Just read the power supply will give out 36w and the LED strip requires 24w. Could i just use something like this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/splitter-Pigtail-Cable-Connector-supply/dp/B00JS926PQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1420557564&sr=1-3-fkmr1&keywords=jndee twin power supply

As i would want one set around the tv and one under the tv stand
You could do that. The strips come with a power adapter attached already (you just need the mains plug).
The RF/Dimmer goes inbetween the LED plug and the power plug (so in your case inbetween the splitter and power plug).

16195973415_8aaf11981c_h.jpg

16008538058_5c4d50f074_h.jpg

I took this photo last night. The side lamps I'm using are 2700k, so I reckon the LEDs are around ~4000k.
16182992996_95c67ca3c4_h.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Heres my telly and av stuff. Wall mounted samsung 8000 telly with all cables going inside the wall.
cIuMlAZ.jpg

All the cables go to this oak cabinet that house the AV stuff. Ive got a similar fan controller to @Ben.S that only switches on 2 silent fans when a threshold is reached.
pzQC553.jpg

The bottom shelf is a bit messy at the moment as you can see. I have a problem with needing 14 or so power socket. Need to figure out a solution to this.

wKF2c3a.jpg

Couple of NAS's, onkyo av receiver, tivo box, xbox and wdtv live and a network switch in the bottom somewhere at the back. there is a blue ray player under the unit but that doesnt get used.
All the 7.1 speaker cables go under the oak floor and pop out in the walls. Cant remember what speakers I use.

SQ5
That's a pool.

I'd be investing in a better cabinet if I was you @optical, the cooling of that amp must be terrible as it can't even circulate the air.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That house is straight up awesome Danny, oh to be rich !
Stuff is pretty crammed in and I did worry about the cooling but the temperature is 26'c in the amp - the temp probe for the fans is in the amps vents.
The air flow in the cabinet comes in through the bottom back and flows towards the front of the cabinet and then up between the 1cm gap between the shelf and the glass front and then works its way on to each shelf. The top two shelves have gaps at the back to let air up. It does have these 2 x 12cm fans that kick in now and again when it does get hot:
T6Od1Dr.jpg

My media PC/Plex Server isn't that pretty to look at, but it's in the detached garage out of the way (connected via a homeplug).

Nothing fancy. 2TB primary, then 2 x 1TB drives that mirror. Sounds daft, but I have so many movies/TV shows on there, that I'd be gutted if I lost it all.

It runs:
iTunes - Sends music to the B&W Zeppelin in the Kitchen. Also syncs the iPads and iPhones etc.
Plex Server - Used for movies/TV shows, sends to the Apple TV 3.

Obviously no screen for it, but I just use RDP from my Laptop/iPad in and outside of the home.

8581755643_28b78db206_h.jpg

15112667767_2b08c7f0f0_h.jpg

15298836522_61996a570c_h.png

1.8 Civic EX
I've shared this in the Xbox thread before but seeing as this thread has moved in to LEDs no harm in sharing again. My ambient light set up:

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
@C.J what size is the jack on the transformer/power supply? I need to buy an extension cable but not sure on the size I need

DCi
did not know you could do plex server to apple tv 3 - just set it up and now i have a way of playing the stuff on my NAS on my apple TV, yay :D

1.8 Civic EX
Retro fit mate. Got all the kit from lightberry.eu

It uses an led strip, video captcha stick and a raspberry pi.

Takes a bit of tweeking to get it set right but it's great for games and movies with big explosions etc.