ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Your Home Theater

1.8 Civic EX
That looks amazing, does it work with a normal tv feed?

The raspberry pi has a HDMI in so it will work for what ever you plug into it. I've only done it for the Xbox though as its not really needed for EastEnders and the like lol

However you can have it on static at anytime and any colour. The app on my phone has a colour wheel so you just spin it round to what ever colour you want.

Screenshot_2015-01-11-00-59-522.jpg

Show us a longer video mate

I'll sort one out and put it up over the next week or so.

1.8 Civic EX
Just had another look on thier site, looks like they have updated it a fair bit and changed thier packages since I got mine. All in it cost me something like £160-£180 I think. It would apear they do not supply the Raspberry Pi anymore either, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Reading it and understanding the instructions was one of the biggest challenges as the english translation is a bit ropey.

There are a couple of installation vids on youtube, I'll try and find them but be warned, it isn't as easy as the guy makes it look and it is somewhat out of date as the software on the raspberry pi and the img files are constantly updating.

Also loads of information here:
http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=11053

https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki

EDIT: Install vids

SQ5
I thought that, then watched the videos and it seemed easy.

The only let down is multiple boxes, one neat all in one box would be great.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Here is my small set up, There is nothing thats going to blow you away.

50" Samsung Tv
Virgin 500Gb Tivo
Red Nentendo Wii
Apple Tv
Apple Extreme
LED Surround

104ludd.jpg

m1u0o.jpg

Reactions: Gus
  Clio Trophy
i got a lightpak from kickstarter, took a bit of getting used too, but really good, miss it when its not there

Cayman S Edition 1
I really need to tidy up my tv cabling and channel out the wall. Can anyone recommend suitable cable conduit?

My Bowers & Wilkins ASW610 sub has packed up. No LED illumination at all. I've checked the fuse in the mains plug, and that's ok, so just ordered a pack of T4A's so I can replace the unit's own fuse. Hopefully that's all it is. Pretty worrying though as it's out of warranty. Wasn't even using it, just went to turn it on this morning and noticed no light on the back.

Any thoughts?

Clio
My Bowers & Wilkins ASW610 sub has packed up. No LED illumination at all. I've checked the fuse in the mains plug, and that's ok, so just ordered a pack of T4A fuses so I can replace the unit's own fuse. Hopefully that's all it is. Pretty worrying though as its out of warranty. Wasn't even using it, just went to turn it on this morning and noticed no light on the back.

Any thoughts?
Is anything else working in the house?
If not, might just be a power cut.

Some of these ambient lighting systems seem way over the top.

I'm using a USB powered strip of 4x 6500k LED. Just enough to boost black in a pitch dark room, without being distracting or glitzy.

Mace, thanks for the advise.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
@Munson, I have an electronic wizard at work.
He's just said to me he got given a recordable dvd played that was dead.
All the fuses where fine but he found that one of the capacitors looked blown.
Checked it with he's meter to find it had fluctuations 5 volts (should have been a constant 5 volts)
Replaced the capacitor and it's working fine.

Clio
Now I'm after a bit of advise.
I'll built a wall thingy for and pretty much built it around my wall bracket. for some reason I didn't think I'd ever buy a new TV at some point in my life.

What options have I got with the new TV? Unless If I keep the wall bracket is there much variation in mountings or are the fixing points a one size fits all scenario for TVs? I currently run an old 42" Samsung.
Photo-0171.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mace im sure that most wall brackets are universal.
The ones I've bought it the pass only ask for the TV size.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
My Bowers & Wilkins ASW610 sub has packed up. No LED illumination at all. I've checked the fuse in the mains plug, and that's ok, so just ordered a pack of T4A's so I can replace the unit's own fuse. Hopefully that's all it is. Pretty worrying though as it's out of warranty. Wasn't even using it, just went to turn it on this morning and noticed no light on the back.

Any thoughts?

I'd email them before you take it apart. Their customer service is good. They sent me out some foam plugs for my speakers for free when I misplaced mine. Plus if under 6 years old the Sale of Goods Act is your friend!

@Munson, I have an electronic wizard at work.
He's just said to me he got given a recordable dvd played that was dead.
All the fuses where fine but he found that one of the capacitors looked blown.
Checked it with he's meter to find it had fluctuations 5 volts (should have been a constant 5 volts)
Replaced the capacitor and it's working fine.

Cheers but I'm no good with a soldering iron, and wouldn't even know what I was looking at anyway. If replacing the T4A fuse doesn't get it going, then I'll have to take it into a HiFi shop or something.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers but I'm no good with a soldering iron, and wouldn't even know what I was looking at anyway. If replacing the T4A fuse doesn't get it going, then I'll have to take it into a HiFi shop or something.
Ok mate.

I'd email them before you take it apart. Their customer service is good. They sent me out some foam plugs for my speakers for free when I misplaced mine. Plus if under 6 years old the Sale of Goods Act is your friend!

I won't be taking it apart. The T4A fuse is accessible at the rear of the unit. Although I have read that there is in fact another fuse inside the enclosure. Thanks for the tip on sale of goods, though. I'll wait for my fuses to arrive and then take it from there.

Clio
Mace im sure that most wall brackets are universal.
The ones I've bought it the pass only ask for the TV size.
Thanks, hope thats the case. I'm 42" at the moment. Probably only want to go to 48" anyway. Here is hoping. Going to whip the TV off the wall and have a look at the bracket and see whats what. Then get down John Lewis with my tape measure (or just take the whole bracket)

Now I'm after a bit of advise.
I'll built a wall thingy for and pretty much built it around my wall bracket. for some reason I didn't think I'd ever buy a new TV at some point in my life.

What options have I got with the new TV? Unless If I keep the wall bracket is there much variation in mountings or are the fixing points a one size fits all scenario for TVs? I currently run an old 42" Samsung.

Is it a VESA mount?
If so, what are the fixings? (200x200 for example).

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Been meaning to post in here for ages.
Love those lights CJ, look brilliant in the dark.

Sorry for the shocking pics
Toshiba 47" Acoustic Energy 2:1 system
20150113_155057_zpsv9ixlyc2.jpg

Sky router, 2TB Nas, Sky+ HD Box, 2012 Mac Mini
20150113_155115_zpsnfzghyvo.jpg

Home signal box and extra ethernet ports in the left, house phone, and Xbox on the right
http://[URL=http://s37.photobucket.com/user/ed_ayre/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150113_155127_zpshwnhbjxb.jpg.html][ATTACH=full]1198601[/ATTACH]
[URL=http://s37.photobucket.com/user/ed_ayre/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150113_155127_zpshwnhbjxb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/ed_ayre/Mobile%20Uploads/20150113_155127_zpshwnhbjxb.jpg[/URL]
21.5" Screen with USB hub for keyboard and mouse, Mac's also through a HDMI switch to the TV
20150113_155153_zps5jtcqvc0.jpg

Work in progress for the bedroom.
37" I think, LG. ChromeCast, Old Mac Mini, some cheap 2:1 system

20150113_155243_zpsefuoxww6.jpg

Attachments

• 20150113_155127_zpshwnhbjxb.jpg
    20150113_155127_zpshwnhbjxb.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 37
  SQ5

Any thoughts?

If you have a serial number I will contact B&W tomorrow for a quote on a repair?

SQ5
We've had a couple of PV1's fail and after changing fuse no luck, usually the power supply inside that dies. If it is completely dead they may do a good deal on a newer one but we shall see. Hopefully fuse will fix it!

Tried replacing the fuse but it just audibly cracks and dies as soon as I plug it in. Not plugged into my amplifier. So it seems it has in fact blown up. Gutted.

The good news is that B&W's active speakers are seemingly covered by a 2 year warranty, and mine is only 18 months old. So, as a first point of contact, I've been in touch with the seller. I'll wait and see what they say. Pretty disappointed though :(

2014 Focus Titanium
Tried replacing the fuse but it just audibly cracks and dies as soon as I plug it in. Not plugged into my amplifier. So it seems it has in fact blown up. Gutted.

The good news is that B&W's active speakers are seemingly covered by a 2 year warranty, and mine is only 18 months old. So, as a first point of contact, I've been in touch with the seller. I'll wait and see what they say. Pretty disappointed though 😧
Seems very unlike B&W as their products are usually very robust, must have just been very unlucky! Hope it gets sorted with minimal fuss.