ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Your Home Theater

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
image.jpeg
De-pikey'd and bought a 2' strip of LED's that run of the TV USB, they're whiter than I expected so a little bright, that and the TV isn't flush to the wall so they illuminated a big area. The missus can have her bedside lamp back now though...

Oh and also, I currently have two old B&O speakers plugged into my dads awesome old Stereo amp, the tweeter in one is fooked and the main speaker in the other is rough as hell, but I like the speaker boxes - is it as simple as buying some replacement speakers/tweeters of the correct size and swapping them in?

Mito Sportiva 135
That looks beast mode! What audio have they got?

And yes, the smaller screen does seem kind of pointless! Not sure why you would use it - especially as the larger one would cover it up.

I'll try and get a picture of mine over the weekend - I have a main lounge setup and one for my games room (which to be honest I use more!)

SQ5
why on gods earth has he got two screens, that is so pointless

That looks beast mode! What audio have they got?

And yes, the smaller screen does seem kind of pointless! Not sure why you would use it - especially as the larger one would cover it up.

65" OLED is there for everyday viewing and normal TV. Projector is there for movies.

It's quite a common set up to be honest.

Audio is Bowers & Wilkins Speakers, Rotel Power Amplifiers and a Denon AVR being used as a processor Processor

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Not exactly home theater setup but does bedroom/home office count?
IMG_1733_zps8fqhdqkp.jpg

PC using old skool logitech Z2300 7 years and still going strong
TV using Kenwood UD90 setup 25 years old still running strong
Onkyo TX SR608
Xbox One
46inch LED Sony Smart TV
2 x 19" and 1 x 24" Samsung
Custom PC
the list goes on..
Can't wait till the day I have my own house then I'll probably invest in some some towers.

SQ5
I need all of that in my life.
I also think that your job would be quite cool.

That was a double garage, unsure of conversion costs but our side was about £55k, everything except the building work.

We're thinking of offering finance packages too as most people nowadays don't mind a monthly outgoing

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
I could do with some ideas as to how I can beat incorporate my motorised screen. Image below showing the positioning of my screen. I don't know what it would look like with a pelmet type box around the wall mounted projector screen? Any ideas would be appreciated.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455988459.675093.jpg

SQ5
The problem you have there is it's always going to look a bit strange with that ceiling line!

You could put a box section all the way across but not up just to box that, but build a box section the same spec the other side.

Then use LED tape in a groove through the centre to light upwards if that makes sense??

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
LG 55EG960V 55" OLED
LG HS8 Soundbar & Sub
Sky+ HD 1TB (soon to be changed to Sky Q)
Panasonic Blu-ray (soon to be upgraded to 4K 3D)
T8 Android box
Xbox 360 250GB

SQ5
RTI is the one, I program that for a living in Australia and install systems like this every day!

Wicked setup, what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking? :p

I imagine the same as you! That setup isn't mine it's one I installed!

clio 182
Having sold my E46 M3 to help fund a house move I ended up spending a lot of the money on my Audio equipment.

My set up consists of;
Arcam FMJ A32 amp and P35 power amp
Arcam irDac
55" curved Samsung
Monitor Audio PL200 floorstanders and PLC350 center
27" Imac for music and hooked up to the TV for web browsing etc. (old 24" pictured)
Firestick hacked for TV series and Films.
Monoprice 12awg speaker wire
Atlas interconnects

P1030499_zpssqbnxnbg.jpg

P1030498_zpsmbyr1ye3.jpg

SQ5
Ah cool, do you have your own company? Mainly residential or commercial aswell?
I will post some pics of some of the jobs I have done tomorrow :p

Me and another guy, www.interconnectionltd.co.uk but the site isn't updated much!

99% residential work, I used to do all commercial work like boardrooms etc... But been doing this for 8 years now.

Post away :) any jobs going that side of the pond?! ;)

A shiny black one.
Having sold my E46 M3 to help fund a house move I ended up spending a lot of the money on my Audio equipment.

My set up consists of;
Arcam FMJ A32 amp and P35 power amp
Arcam irDac
55" curved Samsung
Monitor Audio PL200 floorstanders and PLC350 center
27" Imac for music and hooked up to the TV for web browsing etc. (old 24" pictured)
Firestick hacked for TV series and Films.
Monoprice 12awg speaker wire
Atlas interconnects

P1030499_zpssqbnxnbg.jpg

P1030498_zpsmbyr1ye3.jpg
That centre speaker is not big enough.

DCi
Ive been defeated for now so turning to CS for help

My TV is a Panasonic cx700 - Google suggests its Miracast compatible
I have a surface pro 4 which seems to suggest I can project my display via Miracast

When I press the magic button my TV comes up saying all network features will stop working then my PC does a bit of loading and it all fails

In theory its possible to get this working without using another HDMI port so does anyone have any ideas?

Not too much on Google so I'm about to search avforums next !

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My advice: Don't bother with Miracast, it's bloody shite.

I've got a Surface Pro as well, and the official Microsoft Miracast adapter. Just constantly jerks, stutters and cuts out.

If you want to try it, have you made sure there's not a conflict? Everything has to be on the same GHz network.