ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Your Home Theater

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
CDD4212B-9F8E-4F7D-878C-75BD046F42CA-1934-000000F66FE4B69E_zps7c45717b.jpg

I've still got one of those Technics systems in my bedroom. It was my 1st surround sound system back in 98:eek:.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
f**king hell, ox bloods (or cherry's I'm never sure). Off stomping?

Ox bloods! Bloody love them! They are the best shoes I ever bought. :D

I've still got one of those Technics systems in my bedroom. It was my 1st surround sound system back in 98.

My dad bought it in 99. It was in the loft for years, so I got it down and started using it. Still sounds great!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Here's my starter set up. Got this at just after to go with existing TV (excuse the crap ifail pic)

av_zpse8226376.jpg

av1_zps038c604c.jpg

40" Samsung thing

Pioneer VSX 527

Cambridge Audio S70's.

As a starter set up its ok tbh. Going to add/replace as I go along. I was going for a Onkyo amp of some sorts, but this is networked and supports airplay without the need for any other docks and what not. Works well for what it is.

Going to replace the TV soon, got an £800 ish budget, again looking at a 40" as tight for space. Any recommendations? My current Samsung was only a cheap unit, and it suffers with terrible motion blur. Was thinking maybe a nice Panasonic this time.

Last edited:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ive got that pioneer amp, loads of settings etc, when i have my ps3 on it wont let me select the dolby pro logic setting for some reason?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Here's my starter set up. Got this at just after to go with existing TV (excuse the crap ifail pic)

av_zpse8226376.jpg

av1_zps038c604c.jpg

40" Samsung thing

Pioneer VSX 527

Cambridge Audio S70's.

As a starter set up its ok tbh. Going to add/replace as I go along. I was going for a Onkyo amp of some sorts, but this is networked and supports airplay without the need for any other docks and what not. Works well for what it is.

Going to replace the TV soon, got an £800 ish budget, again looking at a 40" as tight for space. Any recommendations? My current Samsung was only a cheap unit, and it suffers with terrible motion blur. Was thinking maybe a nice Panasonic this time.

With those speakers being rear ported you should try bringing them out a bit more. It'll also allow for a bigger TV;).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm a bit tight for space really.....looking back I think I should have got some stand mounted units like the S30 but ill be moving in the new year so I can put up with it short (ish) term!

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Heres mine in the process of being finished mainly used for the Xbox and some super sunday matches.

597aa08a.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
I have that TV ^.

​Will get pics up soon of my recent additions and decorated room(s).

DB.

BMW 440i
Here is my recently decorated bedroom, it's on the top floor of the house so decided to make more use of the space, and removed two of the large wardrobes (Ikea) from the bedroom, and replaced them with three slightly lower wardrobes on the landing, gained wardrobe space in the end which was a plus!

My TV used to be in the corner where you can see the chest of drawers, so it poked out the side a bit when it was only a 32", so a move around was necessary!

New curtains will be arriving shortly, and will be a dark grey rather than these dirty white ones!

TV is a Samsung UE55F7000. (55"), with a Virgin HD box and the Xbox 360 in the Unit.
Unit was from Oak Furniture Solutions, would have preferred a low black one, but needed one that was about 60cm tall due to being at the end of a bed, and black ones all tended to be quite low. Very happy with the quality of this Unit.

I also installed a mains switch by the bed, and the bedside lamps are installed into the wall removing clutter of the bedside cabinets, very happy with that, as is the mrs!

NB. There is a window and radiator at each end of the room if the layout confuses you lol!

DSC_0648_zpsf69bf9b3.jpg

DSC_0649_zps21bc3584.jpg

DSC_0650_zpsc91173b3.jpg

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
null-5.jpg

null-4.jpg

just moved in to our new house, slowly sorting things out, want to replace the front 2 with some floor standers eventually....

2tb sky hd with sky fiber 80mbit
onkyo 608
apple tv
xbox
​will have a 8tb Nas drive running plex media server tomorrow with cloud access too :)

2014 Focus Titanium
Nice, Malice.

I forgot to mention on mine I have my PC connected via HDMI, HTPC or NAS is a must for a decent home cinema!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Cheers, screen is a 50" but looks small in the photos :( will change to a 60 or 65 at some point but gonna wait a while for 4k possibly Apple TV is jail broken too :)

2014 Focus Titanium
Cheers, screen is a 50" but looks small in the photos :( will change to a 60 or 65 at some point but gonna wait a while for 4k possibly Apple TV is jail broken too :)

Yeah 50" doesn't cut it nowadays! I'm waiting until my next house then a projector will be going in!

SQ5
You need to spend some good money on a projector and screen to get one bright enough so you don't need to be in the dark everytime you watch it!

BMW F31
Here's my setup at the moment.

Denon AVR-1912
Bowers & Wilkins CM1
Wharfedale Powercude SPC 10" Sub
Wharfedale 10.CC Centre
Onkyo rears
LG 50" 3D 1080P Plasma

LOVE the CM1's! Definitely my next upgrade.

Have the pulled the feet on 1912 to get it to fit lol?

DB.

BMW 440i
Here's my setup at the moment.

Denon AVR-1912
Bowers & Wilkins CM1
Wharfedale Powercude SPC 10" Sub
Wharfedale 10.CC Centre
Onkyo rears
LG 50" 3D 1080P Plasma

9424822070_80cd5fea35_c.jpg

Home Cinema-1 by Alan D. Key, on Flickr

Get those wires tidied up and speakers pushed back! Also, do you not think the speaker directly infront of the TV looks a bit odd? Very nice products but needs a bit of re-arrangement to look good IMO!

2014 Focus Titanium
LOVE the CM1's! Definitely my next upgrade.

Have the pulled the feet on 1912 to get it to fit lol?

Yeah the CM1s are sick, still amazes me the depth and control of bass from such a small speaker! And yes I have taken the feet off the Denon. Don't get me wrong I know this is a cardinal sin as it's restricting air flow underneath, but it's been like that for 18 months now, and even when I play at high volumes it has never bothered it. What you can't see is the drawer fronts are lower than the actual drawer, so about 3-4 inches back it goes up inside (above the grills on the Denon) and it's got about 35mm of headroom, which helps a little.

Get those wires tidied up and speakers pushed back! Also, do you not think the speaker directly infront of the TV looks a bit odd? Very nice products but needs a bit of re-arrangement to look good IMO!

To be fair, I completely agree. I'm usually pretty anal about wires (the inside of my PC is immaculate, all wire-tied etc), but in the last month I've been lazy because of being ultra busy with work. You can see behind the CM1's the holes from my old speakers which have been gone a month, terrible form from me!

With regards to pushing them back, for normal TV/movie watching they go back to level with the TV but when listening to music (which I was at this point), I bring them off the wall to tame the bass a little and give them more balance.

All-in-all I love my system but I need to get my arse into gear!

Last edited:
Keydog, is your sub active when playing stereo? It seems way too close to a corner. Could explain the heavy bass. Especially if it's a ported box. I'm guessing it's probably not wired up at speaker level though, in which case the amp shouldn't be using it with 2.0 material, but you never know, especially if you have some processing active.

2014 Focus Titanium
Keydog, is your sub active when playing stereo? It seems way too close to a corner. Could explain the heavy bass. Especially if it's a ported box. I'm guessing it's probably not wired up at speaker level though, in which case the amp shouldn't be using it with 2.0 material, but you never know, especially if you have some processing active.

No the sub isn't active when playing music as I use Direct mode rather than stereo. The sub is only used for TV/movie watching to ad a little bit of thump. The heavy bass from the CM1s comes from the rear port, I do have bungs for them but I'd rather keep the port open and move the speaker to control the bass, because I'm weird like that! I sometimes spread them a bit wider for a better soundstage too.

Believe it or not that's the best position I can find for my sub to distribute bass evenly in the room (it's a funny shaped, fairly small room which is a nightmare for hot-spots), but I've calibrated it and it's set very low at -9db (and half power on the sub itself) so it's not too over-powering in movies and such.

2014 Focus Titanium
Good stuff. Nothing worse in home theatre than overblown bass swamping everything.

Couldn't agree more. Some of my mates think their all-in-one home cinema system packages sound great but really they're just a boomy sub with a little bit of tinny treble, I hate too much bass.

Don't get me wrong, I'm rolling a B&W ASW610, so I'm no bass hater. I just like it when LFE comes from theLFE channel, rather than smothering the whole soundtrack because of poor setup.

DB.

BMW 440i
Any pics of your set up Munson?

​I keep looking at speakers/surround sound but not sure how to incorporate mine in whilst keeping the clean cut imagine mine has at the moment!

Mini JCW
Awesome setup Keydogg.

Can't wait to get mine Quads back out, and a Quad centre to complete the setup.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
With regards to pushing them back, for normal TV/movie watching they go back to level with the TV but when listening to music (which I was at this point), I bring them off the wall to tame the bass a little and give them more balance.

It'd be much easier to bring the TV stand forward a little so you don't have to keep moving the speakers.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
So currently running a Pioneer VSX 527, and a pair of Cambridge Audio S70 floor standers.

Nothing ground breaking but its a start ;)

anting to add to it now, so what would you buy next, a centre speaker or a sub?

Mini JCW
Bought a Quad L2 centre from an AVforums member today, so that makes Quad 11L2 fronts, L2 centre and Quad L-ite rears with a KEF sub.

​Just need to replace the Arcam AVR 280 with a beefier receiver and also the VT65 plasma now!