ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SHUD I TELL INSURANCE BOUT MY SIDE SKIRTS

Volvo S60 T5

tell them, they will do anything to avoid paying out now days.

Wont cost much extra, even if a lot its better than not getting paid out if you have a smash

Elise/VX220/R26

yeah I would tell them, a year or two ago I wouldnt have worried about it but the insurance companies know that modding is big at the moment and prolly a very lucritive get out clause for them!

Skoda Fabia vRS

i tell them everything, they know full well about my engine conversion and every modification on my car

It depends

If you want to be covered by your insurance tell them

If you wish to drive around without insurance dont tell them!

Yes you defo SHOULD declare it ... one slight word of caution though.

My missus just had a new A3 and when we mentioned that it would have a spoiler (Audi dealer option - very discreet) they insisted it counted as a modded car and refused to insure it!!

We then had to find ourself insurance with a different company! :mad:

Craig

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Gareth Solk on 11 September 2004

I HAVE JUST RECENTLY HAD SOME 172 STYLE SKIRTS FITTED TO MY CLIO. SHOULD I INFORM THE INSURANCE COMPANY OR KEEP QUIET ABOUT THEM
If you dont tell them and you have a bump, they will only pay for a standard version of the Clio to be fixed, which wouldnt cover the extra cost of the 172 skirts. It probably wont cost you any extra, but at least they will know what has been done to your car.

I think it is a good idea to have clear photographs from every angle, to show exactly what our cars are like and the condition of them, should something happen that needs to be dealt with by the insurance company.