ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shudders under acceleration?

I have a 1.4 16v clio.

Since yesterday, hard acceleration in first has led it to shudder, i know this ic ommonly known as axle tramping, and im just more progressive on the throttle and its not such a problem

This isnt what im worried about though, the car feels less sharp at the top end, it feels like the car is revving, and then the speed is catching up with the revs a little later.

Its hard to explain, but like the edge has been taken off, and there is a slight feel of lag, which i might be paranoid about now but i can feel it every so often and i absoloutely hate it.

Anyone have any suggestions, advise, or had this problem themselves previously?

Andy

S2000
I'm not totally sure as I've not experienced it when driving but it sounds slightly like the car revving could be due to the clutch slipping. I'd wait for someone else to confirm this though.

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Axle tramp occurs in rwd cars with leaf springs. The torque curls the leaf springs (like this shape ~ ) which then bounces the axle off the ground and the process starts again. This sounds like clutch plates have been contaminated, maybe oil leak? Check engine mounts also buddy.

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
I doubt it matey, maybe put the drive shaft out of balance though if its got a bend in it, or your rim is buckled-whack the spare on n test drive it maybe. Would not explain the revs-road speed difference though. Get it checked out by a good garage to sure is safe.

ok mate, it wasnt bad enough for drive shaft damage for sure.

really pissed off about this, im sure im just being paranoid and theres no difference, but its nagging at me now.

thanks for all help so far...

Get somoen to come out with you and look at the rpm and speedo see if somehting is wrogn with the clucth the rpm will go up and the speedo won't go up at the same rate as the clucth isn't holding it.