ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shunt

Clio Sport
I was involved in a shunt the other day in my Y reg Clio 1.2. A massive Volovo estate ploughed in to the back of me as it was too lcose and i had to stop quickly. When she hit me she pushed ,me into the car in front so I have front and rear damage. The front damage is minimal but the bonnet is bent etc, the rear damage is the most serious - I can;t open my boot as it is jammed and the spare whell drum is dented in etc.

I pghoned my insurance and they are sorting out liability, but they said it wa uneconomical to repair as my car is worth £2500 but the repair costs are said to be £2750!!!! I took it to the insurance compaines 'registered' garage. it drives fine and i have been told it is safe to drive etc.

Should i take it to another agarage and get it done myself and buy it back from the insurance company? In my eyes the damage isn't that bad, and I thin kthe garage i took it to originally had extortionate labour charges!

Any advice woudl be much appreciated!