ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side badges - Trophy Turini colour

Nike Lunar Elite's
Anyone know whats the closest match spray paint available from Halfrauds for the colour of the Trophy Turini's? I've just purchased a set for my 182 so want to get the best colour match available to do my side badges. Also, how do people keep the '2.0 16V' writing silver? Is it masked off or touched up once sprayed?

Not that its any help, but pics of when you've done it? Thinking of doing mine like that.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
not sure on colour tbh...Middo's your man if you want to send him a PM.

as for the 2.0 16v lettering, i think most people spray the whole badge and then highlight it afterwards using a steady hand.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Thanks for the replies guys, wheels are arriving tomorrow so will get some pics up when they are sorted.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I used rover storm grey when i refurbed an alloy . It was a 99% colour match . I saw fred say that audi nimbus grey was a perfect match .

RS Clio 200
you mean like this? :rasp:

37.jpg

I think it was rover grey as suggested above

Chocolate Bar™
if i was you i'd repaint the silver lettering back in. I've tried masking and knifing the letters off but it leaves a harsh edge, and the masking (when i did it) left an uneven edge. This could lead to the paint chipping off in cold weather etc. so wouldnt risk it. Just get a touch up bottle from halfords and the thin brush should be perfect for the job

Last edited:
  Nike Lunar Elite's
nice choice on the wheels btw. ;)

Only the best for my 182 :approve: lol I know loads of other people have them on the site but they are popular because they really do look so good on the mk2 Clio's.

I used rover storm grey when i refurbed an alloy . It was a 99% colour match . I saw fred say that audi nimbus grey was a perfect match .

I knew there was another colour I'd heard mentioned, I'll go check both out tomorrow.

you mean like this? :rasp:

37.jpg

I think it was rover grey as suggested above

Gimme gimme gimme ;)

Nike Lunar Elite's
if i was you i'd repaint the silver lettering back in. I've tried masking and knifing the letters off but it leaves a harsh edge, and the masking (when i did it) left an uneven edge. This could lead to the paint chipping off in cold weather etc. so would risk it. Just geta touch up bottle from halfords and the thin brush should be perfect for the job

I presume I'd need to primer, paint the whole badge, touch up the lettering, and then finally lacquer the whole thing?

Chocolate Bar™
you need to sand them down properly to get all the silver off (or it tends to react) PLASTIC primer, sand that down so smooth then colour and then lettering then laquer

Nike Lunar Elite's
you need to sand them down properly to get all the silver off (or it tends to react) PLASTIC primer, sand that down so smooth then colour and then lettering then laquer

Cheers Middo, looks like I've got my hands full tomorrow :approve:

Chocolate Bar™
240 is normally good enough to remove all the crap, and then a 400/600 just to smooth off any scratches that may have appeared, altho generally the 2.0 16v badges dont tend to scratch unless you use 120.

then when you've primed it, something like 1200 is good to remove any bumps before throwing the colour on.