ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side Lights

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
not sure if this is a problem but I've had my 172 for a few days now and when its dark and I put my side lights on they seem really dim, i.e. you can only just tell from in the driver seat that there is some illumination in front of you.

Is this normally and are they quite dim, the just seem dim compared to my old car and probably other cars too.

I can try and take a picture tonight if it needs showing.

Thanks

Evo 6, E92 320d
Change them to led sidelights or remove them completely(remeber to put them in for mot)

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Why would I want to remove them completely, you can see they are on from outside the vehicle, but they just dont seem bright. Is that the norm though?

172 Race Car
Side lights are not intended to illuminate the road. They are just marker lights really.

It mabe tht your old car had a feture called Dim Dip, where the dipped beam is it dimly when sidelights are on

Evo 6, E92 320d
Why would I want to remove them completely, you can see they are on from outside the vehicle, but they just dont seem bright. Is that the norm though?

It's more of a look thing, better with only the xenons. I agree the std ones are a little dim, plus if someone has used some naff bulbs in the past. For the sake of £2 you may as well get some new ones and see if they are any better.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
actually, I've just been and had a look at them and the have like a frosted domed end to them, so I am wondering if they are LED Side lights.

The colour is white ish with blueish glow, normal bulb would be a bit yellow surely?

Do these sound like LED's? if so are these likely to pass an MOT (if the tester was going by the book)

330i. E30 Touring.
If they're bright white, and not yellowy, then they sound like LED lights..

Mine passed the MOT with them in..