ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side Skirt Removal 🤔

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
I'm in the process of stripping all the rear out to fit a roll cage. Fortunately I read a thread about rust in the area where the rest door cards are and checked it. Even though car sits on 65k miles it needs treating which I plan to do this week. I'm not mechanically minded but was going to take the side skirts off the sills. How are they fitted and what's the best way to remove them to check for rust and then refit them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
The side skirt are pretty easy to remove, you’ll need to drill out the rivets though.

At the front of the skirt, by the front wheel, you’ll see a hex head self tapper that goes into the skirt. Unscrew this. Mine was a right git to remove so I drilled it out.
I’ve tried to show it here, circled in red.
6BFE93DF-447F-46FE-82D0-B3C355062E5F.jpeg

Once that’s out, get a drill and a decent sized drill bit. If you look at the bottom of the side skirts, you’ll see a few rivets holding them to the body of the car. I think there’s 5 or 6 off the top of my head. Drill these out and you should be able to pull the thing off (y)

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
The side skirt are pretty easy to remove, you’ll need to drill out the rivets though.

At the front of the skirt, by the front wheel, you’ll see a hex head self tapper that goes into the skirt. Unscrew this. Mine was a right git to remove so I drilled it out.
I’ve tried to show it here, circled in red.
View attachment 1532812

Once that’s out, get a drill and a decent sized drill bit. If you look at the bottom of the side skirts, you’ll see a few rivets holding them to the body of the car. I think there’s 5 or 6 off the top of my head. Drill these out and you should be able to pull the thing off (y)
Thanks pal that's really helpful.