ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sidelight bulb..always blowing...why???

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i keep replacing it, same drivers side, sidelight bulb of the phase 1 172 dual optics....

it keeps blowing for some reason, never the other side....any ideas??

225 powered mk2
If the front lights are the back they will have an earth for each, not 100% sure though.. jus have a little look around bud :)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
always a good starting point i had an iffy one in my saxo which caused a headlight bulb to keep going. i just swapped the old ones for new ones and it was ok. also check the connectors for corrosion as my cups bulb holders went brittle..

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
looks like the earths are all the same, all the wires go to the same place...

what do we think is the correct wattage for the sidelight bulbs?? i am wondering if i put in a do small a wattage last time and thats why it blew.

1.6 focus zetec....
The drivers manual should tell you what wattage it should be.

Also it might keep blowing because the light is insecure? This was happening to me because i'd put a cold air feed behind the light and couldnt get a bolt in properly causing it to move and vibrate

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
mine does this .. one side keeps blowing and the other is fine.

i just took them out ..!! will source the (presumably bad earth) problem at some point later in the year ..