ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigh, Anybody know anything that could help me as regards DVLA and a bad trader?

Clio extreme 1.2
Today I got a wonderful letter from the DVLA. I'm being fined £55, for not telling them that my old Clio 1.2 has been scrapped.
This is the same Clio that 2 months ago I got a DVLA letter saying that someone else has applied for the V5 for the car. I called them the next day, explained the whole hoohar of a situation only to be told by the woman on the other end of the phone that she couldnt comment on anything, she just needed to know if the car was in my possession, which it was no longer, so I said no. I thought it was the end of that.

I sold the car back to the garage I bought it from after multiple mechanical failures and finding out that they sold it me without informing me it needed a VIC check. I accepted £500 on the day and would get my other £200 when they took it for its VIC (which they said would be the 16th of April) as the log book would turn up with me and I could give it to them in exchange for the rest of my money.
After the first call to the DVLA I panicked thinking that now the car wasnt in my ownership, I wouldnt get the log book. The garage said I'd get the £200 after they took the VIC, received the log book, and then I could just give them the MOT's and get my money.

So now its scrapped, not been to a VIC, I've not got my £200 AND I'm being charged?

Can anybody give any advise to this apparently still ongoing nightmare? :mad: