ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silicone Hoses

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Hi guys, ive got a Clio Mk1 1.4 RT and want to change the water hoses with new silicone ones and was wondering if anyone could give me a 'parts list' of what to get to make my job a little easier. The other question I have is ive seen hose kits but they are for the 1.8 16v or the williams, would these kits fit?
Thanks

Oh by the way i know this thread is on another section of the forums, realised my placing mistake just after i put it up

HBT 172 Cup
Mk1 1.8 16v silicon hoses will not fit. The only chance for 1.4rt is getting a custom set made which will cost an arm and a leg OR the only other place that might have them is hillpower but I don't think be trades anymore

HBT 172 Cup
Just had a look on hillpower and he does list a silicon set for the 1.4 so try him but I don't think you will have much luck

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Cheers, the other option for me was to make it out of bits but how much do you think that would cost buying the parts?

ph2 iceburg 172
yeh if you dont mind me asking but whats the point? maybe i sound stupid but i thought they where mainly for looks or if the hoses need to withstand large amounts of presure i.e turbo cars ect

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
yeah its for looks mainly, ive got to replace some of the pipe soon so thought i would just put a decent set in while i was at it

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
but now i think about it, probably not worth it. not on the factor that its not a high performance engine or anything but id be wasting my money right now on that engine because some point down the line im going to swap it over for a valver engine

Focus ST
As has been said, i deal a lot with samco and have had my own kits made in the past and is something i can get done. If a custom kit is to be made then a minimum order of 12 has to be obtained first with everyone paying a 40% deposit. The tooling then will be made and dependent on future sales forecasts this may be swallowed by samco or will have to be covered by the members.

Silicon hoses arent going to give you any performance but do provide an extra degree of reliability on track and against hard use. They are more resilient to contaminants and to heat. Plus they do look rather sexual as shown on my own demo car.

P1040439.jpg