ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silky Ignis Sport

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
So I got rid of the Go Super f**king Slow Clio a few weeks back and quickly jumped on this Ignis Sport.

I toyed with getting a 1*2 but couldn't justify the hike in insurance as well as the probable problems between going for a early reg Clio and a similar reg Ignis. It just felt like a perfect stop gap between a slow car and a Renaultsport.

So anyway spec-wise is pretty standard apart from,

SuzukiSport - Race (White ones) Coilovers (Previously owned by SteBurns on here)
Modified Monster Sport air intake
O.Z. Superturismos refurbed in gloss black

So far I've had to put two new tyres on the front, knew this when I bought it, so I got some Hankook V12s and so far so good but I haven't gave them a proper run out yet due to it being a tad cold.

Absolutely love it if I'm honest, it's silliness, it's exaggerated bodykit, it's throwaboutability... It's just great.

Anyway, here's some phone pics I took today. I need to charge my DSLR and take some propa photaes!

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

320d
I've driven one and really enjoyed it. I was going to get one after my 172 but the MX5 was just a bit more tempting.

Yours looks really tidy, any future plans?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
If that thing is anything like my old one it's a weapon! You'll be amazed what a difference removing the rear seats and spare wheel makes too, I chased an S2000 and a B18 EG Civic for several miles and they could not escape me! I really miss mine.

Listerine & Poledo
Silly little boxes these, they make me smile

But, what is a "Modified Monster Sport" intake?

Sounds ominously like a bucket with a sticker on it :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That's missing the point! The joy of these is that they have just enough power to make progress, but little enough so you can drive it absolutely flat out, everywhere.

I don't care, I want more power. It'll be s**t for overtaking.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Silly little boxes these, they make me smile

But, what is a "Modified Monster Sport" intake?

Sounds ominously like a bucket with a sticker on it :eek:

It does but Monster Sport was SuzukiSport so most performance parts are now by Monster Sport. It's modified in terms of the housing intake, instead of a load of pipework on top of the engine there's s big hole behind the grill

And its red and has no bucket :)

Thanks for the replies guys, it's a lotta fun!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They're fine for overtaking, 0-60 in 8 and a bit, almost 120bhp/ton.

I was able to get past cars in my Ignis on my commute in the exact same places I can in my 200 now, no more, no less.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Plus one to that, they really aren't much slower than a Clio or Civic.

I made that intake btw, sounds nice doesn't it!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Was that your handywork? It sounds mental! When you floor the go pedal it roars haha

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They're fine for overtaking, 0-60 in 8 and a bit, almost 120bhp/ton.

I was able to get past cars in my Ignis on my commute in the exact same places I can in my 200 now, no more, no less.

Thats because a 200 has less torque than a sewing machine and weighs the same as a small country.
:rasp:

Listerine & Poledo
I'm the only one seeing a box on wheels then...

Same could be said of many, many things.

apart from Beetles, Porsches and old Audi's, which appear more like jelly moulds of jelly moulds. On wheels

;)

Last edited:

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Yeah they're brilliant. My only gripe is they're too tall and softly sprung as standard, but if you lower them the ride is too uncomfortable.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
That is pretty cool actually.

What is it like to run? (MPG, Tax, Insurance)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I quite like the look of that, sounds like you need to have a go in one to really appreciate them.

Listerine & Poledo
Suzuki Cammbridge tried to sell me one when I was looking to replace the MX-3.

I laughed so hard I almost had a Red-Bull-assisted Connery.

It didn't help that it was yellow and fully-liveried. This one is a lot less offensive.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That is pretty cool actually.

What is it like to run? (MPG, Tax, Insurance)

First full tank I averaged 27MPG with VPowa, all town stuff so it's pretty good.
90 6months, 160 1 year (I think)
With Brentacre 799 2yrNCB Age23

I quite like the look of that, sounds like you need to have a go in one to really appreciate them.

It's true, I was a passenger before I knew what one was and it felt fun. Had a go on a test drive end of last year and wanted one after.

Suzuki Cammbridge tried to sell me one when I was looking to replace the MX-3.

I laughed so hard I almost had a Red-Bull-assisted Connery.

It didn't help that it was yellow and fully-liveried. This one is a lot less offensive.

All about the JWRC roots y0! But thanks, I think :p

Listerine & Poledo
I think yours is quite pleasant fella, a good junior hatch all round.

But when they tried to drag me from a V6 coupe into a bright yellow box with shopping lists on the doors, I just couldn't take them seriously.

I'd have one as a cheap runabout tho

M16a
Great buy. I had a go in one not so long ago, great fun.

I would've got one instead of the swift if I had to save money, although I wanted a newer car and better to commute in than the clio.

My only gripe, is that the aftermarket parts for Iggy/Swift I found are extortionate!

Enjoy it!