ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver Billabong project

billabong...
Picked this billabong up a few weeks ago, downsized from a 1.8turbo passat as I'm buying my first house and need to cut down the monthly out goings!

anyway it was completely standard when i got it apart from the tinted rear windows (which the previous owner thought where dealer fitted?) I'm not planing on doing to much as its just a daily runner but want to personalise it a bit until I can spend some more money and get a 182!

So Far I've done...

Apex sports suspension
Silva vision bulbs all round
LED side lights
Aluminium bee sting aerial
Renault sport mats
Pioneer headunit w/small sub (a little chavy I know)
Pipercross panel filter (has really sorted out lumpy idle on start up)

that's it so far, but planning on colour coding bump strips, spoiler and bumpers. and possibly refurnishing the alloys and painting them dark grey.

also used a clay bar for the first time on Saturday and has made such a difference to the paint already!

anyway here's some pictures!

before lowering
DSC_0043.jpg

suspension before fitting...

DSC_0046.jpg

After fitting springs and shocks, very pleased with the ride height!

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

very pleased with her so far handles spot on (had a mk1 16v years ago and loved that too)

So been well and truely bitten by the clio bug!

billabong...
oh also think of getting a 3/4 front plate once the front is colour coded. now I know they are not road legal but how many people use them on the road? and how often do you get pulled? (by the police :rasp:)

cheers

billabong...
Not really much of an update, but got my members pack through the other day so cheers for that guys.

Also think I might get a RS version sooner rather than later as I got this to cut fuel costs and after reading quite a few threads on MPG, they don't look too bad in the week I'd only be doing about 20 miles a day and most of that dual carriage way. So might be on the look out for a 172/182 in the next few months...

also on another note CS is really making me laugh today. so thank you.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
like that how it is. i would leave it alone now, just keep it clean, maybe refurb the wheels silver again.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Looks tidy, dunno if it's just the angle of the driveway but it could do with being a bit lower at the front?

billabong...
Yeah was going to keep it standard apart from what I've done already and possibly colour code some bits once we get some new airlines at work, also the alloys really do need sorting out so yeah probably just keep them silver.

I did think the front sit higher than the back but I think its settled a bit more since taking these photos, TBH I'm not a fan of mega lows so Going to keep it at that height also brighton has some ridiculous steep hills and pot holes so as it is, is just fine with me.

But thanks for your comments guys I'm pleased with it! :)

billabong...
Been slightly hesitant starting lately so after reading around on the forums I took the TDC sensor out gave it a good clean and seem's spot on now!

Also after yesterdays seriously heavy rain turns out my sunroof leaks really badly so next sunny weekend we have it's going to get taken out and pumped with silicone!

billabong...
thanks, its a 60mm drop i believe!

The car is now up for sale as I've found a new passion for 4x4's!