ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver insert on gear knob

ClioSport 182
Any ideas if you can prise out the silver insert (with the 1-2-3-4-5-R markings) on the gear knob and replace it on a 182. Mine has gotten a few scratches over the years and I would like to replace it without having to rip the gear knob off with a hack-saw.

Thx,
KnightAzul

Pretty sure you cant just replace that part mate you have to replace to whole gear nob...
Think its about £15 from renault..??

Rob.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
You can carefully prise it out.

I asked at Renault if you can buy the insert seperately. They said you can't.
That's probably why they go for about £20 whenever on ebay.

I just touched mine up with some silver paint. Looks fine.

D

dick

yep did mine y'day

flatt screwdriver down n up, sprayed it silver along with door handles :)

They cost £18 with VAT from Renault (Leicester), I changed the gear knob on mine because whoever had the car before me had a Momo one put on and it felt crap, Love the proper clio one though, It only takes about 5mins to put on, just dont bang to hard because you may damage the gear linkages, there supposed to be supported whilst doing it but I were'nt gonna get ripped off £45 for Renault to fit it

ClioSport 182
dick said:
yep did mine y'day

flatt screwdriver down n up, sprayed it silver along with door handles :)

Was the silver insert fixed by plastic clips or stuck with glue onto the gear knob?
Thx,

KnightAzul