ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver mk3 thoughts/suggestions?

Clio Mk3 1.2 TCE
Hi guys i recently got a Silver 2009 1.2 TCE after taking my old black 1.4 mk3 for a spin the wrong way (vertically) in some snow :/

Anyway just want to know what people think about lowering springs and would like a few pictures of different height, silver clios mainly, just want some inspiration really.
what are everyones views on apex springs? im thinking you probably get what you pay for?
coilovers are pretty much out due to cost, but not sure how far do go down by, at uni now and they like there speed bumps!

so general thoughts on springs and how low to go would be good, got some smaller things in my head like wind deflectors, rs grill etc
so far all ive done is put in a sony stereo, sub and changed some interior bulbs for bright white ones

not planning on anything to drastic, just gunna keep it simple and tastefull :)
let me know what you think

old one: (taken after gritter lorry turned up :/ )
20130118_120011.jpg

the new car :)
20130202_152332.jpg

interior is amzing compared to bogo dynamique! its so smart
20130202_152413.jpg

will try get some pics of stereo/interior lights if anyones interested :)

1.2 16v
Looks fantastic mate... Your new TCE not the one plonked on it's head :( how did it happen?

Get all sorts of pics up mate, the 1.2 TCE is what I want next.

How's the boost? Does it sound nice? Haha.. Nothing I bet on a 1.2 but I bet you can still feel and hear it?

How's the mpg?

Regards,
Craig

Clio Mk3 1.2 TCE
There was car stopped on the hill round a blind bend, i came round the top no faster than 10 mph but still couldnt stop, it just took of down the hill clipped the bank which spun it and sent one side up the bank and it just rolled over :/ i must have barely missed the car i was trying to avoid, got out the car straight away and they were nowhere to be seen. must have seen me go up the bank and did a runner :/ then another car came round the corner and hit mine again just after i got out. road was just sheet ice, couldnt walk up the hill after i got out :/

id say the TCE is a pretty good engine, not much more powerful/faster than the 1.4 but it definitely has more torque, pulls up hill alot better

cheers
Nev
you can actually hear it surprisingly well considering its pretty tiny
theres a definite surge in second if you change up abit too quickly then wait for revs to catch up

mpg wise im getting exactly the same as the 1.4 at around 34mpg, but that could be because ive learnt how to drive it to keep the boost on haha :) but mainly because i use it daily to travel about 3 miles, and only get up to 60 when the only cars infront are other students ;P

the main thing for me at the moment is the interior, its so smart!

pondering the idea of either getting new alloys or getting these refurbed, at least 3 of them have got in a fight with curbs