ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silverstone Classic - Friday pics (pic heavy)

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Went to this yesterday for the qualifying for the races today and tomorrow. Absolutely awesome event, i'd say the best motor event i've been to this year so far. So much going on, you can wander anywhere you like pretty much, the pitlane, all the paddocks etc and there's some stunning classic cars racing and on display - classic F1 cars, sports cars, Group C race cars, GT cars and lots more.

I'll be there again tomorrow for the remaining racing but here's a selection of my pics from yesterday.

IMG_2864.gif

IMG_2880.gif

IMG_2881.gif

IMG_2884.gif

IMG_2902.gif

IMG_2910.gif

IMG_2913.gif

IMG_2927.gif

IMG_2929.gif

IMG_2931.gif

IMG_2933.gif

IMG_2968.gif

IMG_2977.gif

IMG_3002.gif

IMG_3005.gif

IMG_3010.gif

IMG_3011.gif

IMG_3018.gif

IMG_3043.gif

IMG_3067.gif

IMG_3072.gif

IMG_3073.gif

IMG_3074.gif

IMG_3078.gif

IMG_3086.gif

IMG_3096.gif

IMG_3115.gif

IMG_3152.gif

IMG_3154.gif

IMG_3187.gif

IMG_3193.gif

IMG_3198.gif

IMG_3210.gif

Awesome shots, not a remotely bad one amongst them. Impressive considering I only ever hear bad things about Photography at Silverstone. Sadly couldn't get time off for this, a few people have said it's even better than the Festival of Speed. Will make sure I go next year.

Those Group C cars are superb.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Awesome shots, not a remotely bad one amongst them. Impressive considering I only ever hear bad things about Photography at Silverstone. Sadly couldn't get time off for this, a few people have said it's even better than the Festival of Speed. Will make sure I go next year.

Those Group C cars are superb.

Cheers. The first few were taken at Luffield which required 300mm, but the rest were taken on the straight between Club and Abbey, which i pretty much had to myself it was so quiet, and they were all taken with the 70-200mm. I think for some sections of the track you'd ideally need more, but i found 3 or 4 spots where if you can shoot over the fence even 200mm is enough.

In my opinion it is better than the FoS, the atmosphere about the place really feels a lot more special and obviously with it being circuit based as opposed to a hillclimb the racing is better. Plus if you're a fan of things like the Group C cars and the more classic sports cars as i am, it really is superb to be able to get up close to them and see them in action.