ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silvertec bulbs, before and after

Petrol Blue 182.
picked up some silvertec bulbs from halfrauds, tenner for 4 as they needed to shift em, normaly 9.99 each :)

Before:
DSC00246.jpg

After:
DSC00315.jpg

Before:
DSC00247.jpg

After:
DSC00316.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They do look SO much better. I can't believe I left mine for so long before I got them changed from the sh1tty OEM orange things.

You got them from Halfords at a tenner for four? Proper bargain - they used to be £14.99 a pair!

D.

172 Race Car
Looks much better, as said a must on a ph1.

For everyones information Motorwold do them for £6.99 a pair

Up rocks
Agreed they lok much better, at least when switched off. What are they like when flashing, are they nice and bright? I had a generic lesser known brand (still £10 for 2 mind you) set of silver bulbs in my last car and they were quite poor the sunlight, i used to get abuse for not indicating at roundabouts (even though i was). Are these Silvertecs from Halfords actually any good in the bright sun?

Petrol Blue 182.
Agreed they lok much better, at least when switched off. What are they like when flashing, are they nice and bright? I had a generic lesser known brand (still £10 for 2 mind you) set of silver bulbs in my last car and they were quite poor the sunlight, i used to get abuse for not indicating at roundabouts (even though i was). Are these Silvertecs from Halfords actually any good in the bright sun?

there still quite bright in daylight couldnt tell you what its like in the sun tho as its hacking down with rain atm mate lol

Mk4 .:R32
looks so much better. Just going through loads of my old threads and found my front silvervisions.

Before

clio0015B15D.jpg

After (a few other mods as well, obviously)

DSC_0252.jpg

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i think they are a deffo requirement for any car with clear fornt lenses lol. my mk2 looks soo much better with them in. and the rears of the mk2 definetly benifit from them.

White APE
Couzens. Was this at the halfrauds in bracknell?? Do you know if they stil have some as i need to get hold of some and was going to go to the one at farnbrough gate in a min but will go to brackers if they have some there. They dont do them at farn.

Petrol Blue 182.
Couzens. Was this at the halfrauds in bracknell?? Do you know if they stil have some as i need to get hold of some and was going to go to the one at farnbrough gate in a min but will go to brackers if they have some there. They dont do them at farn.

yeah they doo mate 2 packs left! he typed them in on the tills as £4.99 so if they come up full price, query them about it mate

Audi TT 3.2 V6
That's a stunning looking motor mate. Always fancied a flame red myself when looking at 172/182s..just wasnt any around at the time and i desp needed a car else my insurance co were gonna cancel my policy lol.

Might invest in a carbon splitter soon as my 182 has cup suspension pack but not spoiler pack.

White APE

yeah they doo mate 2 packs left! he typed them in on the tills as £4.99 so if they come up full price, query them about it mate

Cheers mate. Ive never been into the Bracknell branch. Where abouts in the shop are they so i dont walk round endlessly like a pratt?

Petrol Blue 182.
lol i did that for 15 mins today lol, when you walk in go to the bit where all the steroes speakers etc are, there on a shellf, not sure what they with but just ask if your not sure matey, make sure they dont take you to the bulbs near the paint shop, couz there blue and look rubbish lol

I have a ph1 172 what fitmet are they? are the front and rear the same, gonna try my local halfords at weekend, see if they got any.

RenaultSport 172.
theyre the silvertek bulbs with the offset pins :)

they'l have some and theyre 9.99 IIRC :D

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Hey mate great improvement! Just curious, where did you buy your bulbs from? :D

Sorry just realised, Halfords finest :p Think im definately doing this on my mk2 ph1 :)

Last edited: